Contests

Why do you play video poker? What is your favorite game and why?
TsuDoNihm
Forum Regular

Re: Contests

Post by TsuDoNihm »

This the seventh month of the new monthly contest I have gotten 2 royals.To your people that is a common week.I believe that puts you 2 up on me, at least on 3 or 10 play.  I've been here since way back in the old days when it was just the end of the month contest and I've never won.  Anything.  Not even a Kewpie doll that said "you suck".Starting somewhere around June the contest results, both the weekly and daily, show what your best score was and where you placed, (LOVE that feature Webman!).  Since then, in the weekly my best rank was 891; the lone time I made it under 1000.  My worst "best" rank was 42,062, (but that was UX and I probably just played a little bit, got sick of it, and quit).  My 2nd worst "best" rank was 21,315.  The closest I got to the high score since June was about 25% of the winning total, and frequently it was far worse than that.  In both of the last few "dream card" contests I was barely able to scrape out a total of about 25% in qualifying sessions and I can't remember the last time I got a royal or even aces with a kicker in that game.  The best I've been able to do in the current weekly contest is 15,050, about 12% of the current high score.  I believe the best I've ever done in a long contest was 3 or 4 years ago when I was dealt quad aces playing 100 play super aces which was good for 200,000, and ended up with about half of what the winning total was.  When I recently got my first dealt royal after more than 10 years and millions of hands it was only good enough for a few hours at the top, but no prize as I ended up in 5th place.  While I have absolutely no doubt that Webman despises me and keeps a small voodoo doll with my likeness on his desk with an inordinately large number of needles at hand, when it comes to the contests I have a hard time thinking he gives a damn about who wins, at least to the extent of favoring one group over another.  It's just luck.  Some have it, and some don't.  (Was that enough sucking up to you Webman to assure me a win soon or do I need to do more?  Please advise.)This is also a professional organization that has to follow a lot of regulations to stay in business, and out of legal trouble.  They have a lot more at stake than these contests.  You really think they are going to risk that to favor a few people? 

chattycattty
VP Veteran

Post by chattycattty »

How do you do the best rank feature? Other than the top ten that shows, I do not know how where to go to see how I rank in contests.

edog743
Video Poker Master

Post by edog743 »

Your numbers are quite skewed Tsu on average 5,000 people play in a contest. Webman would probably do back flips if your numbers were correct. If you played the daily yesterday click on the winner that will bring you to a different screen the info you seek is there Chatty.BTW TSU you placed in the top ten in the daily on july 30th

chattycattty
VP Veteran

Post by chattycattty »

Thank you edog.

edog743
Video Poker Master

Post by edog743 »

You are quite welcome.

dart001
Forum Newbie

Post by dart001 »

Love the new contest setup......just curious for the monthly contest...how many play in the beginning of the month and how many towards the end?

WVRadar

Post by WVRadar »

Love the new contest setup......just curious for the monthly contest...how many play in the beginning of the month and how many towards the end?

If you don't play everyday you won't have much chance of winning.August's winner (assuming that he played his 5 games every day)  averaged 598.1 points per game while the 10th place finisher averaged 558.1 points per game.  100th place averaged 506.5 points.That would be equivalent to winning every session played which is impossible.  A more likely scenario is that they had 2 or more big hits, lost several sessions (keeping pretty close to 500 points) and going over 500 points several times.My internet service was down the first three days of the contest putting me down at least 7500 points right off the bat.  Needing two Royal Flushes just to catch up pretty much ended my activity on the Monthly Contest and I played the Daily and Weekly Contest instead.That being said, I prefer the Monthly Contest because you're not limited to one game variation, you can only play 5 games per day, and you don't have to be dealt a Royal Flush to win although it would certainly help.

chattycattty
VP Veteran

Post by chattycattty »

I think all of the contests should be limited to 5 sessions per day. If people need more VP than that they can do the challenges, practice with the training program, play a variety of other games, or perhaps participate in this forum.

WVRadar

Post by WVRadar »

I think all of the contests should be limited to 5 sessions per day. If people need more VP than that they can do the challenges, practice with the training program, play a variety of other games, or perhaps participate in this forum.I like that idea.  It would certainly cut down on the number of winners who were dealt the winning hand.

edog743
Video Poker Master

Post by edog743 »

That idea has been brought up before Chatty it was met with great resistance from the powers that be here. I.E. Webman.