Bellagio Robbery

Discuss all things Las Vegas. Hotels, restaurants, good deals, airfares, cabbies, conventions, shows, etc.
Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Re: Bellagio Robbery

Post by Tedlark »

DaBurglar you turned this into a discussion about gun control and you are now backpedaling just like you did in another of your recent forum posts. You also need to research gun control and crime statistics a bit better and billyjoe is talking about this from first hand experience.

DaBurglar
Video Poker Master

Post by DaBurglar »

first off, I had absolutely no way of knowing what Billyjoe and his sister went through...how could I possibly?   You have my sincere condolences Billyjoe.    And because of that, I am not going to post on this topic anymore, because if I express my disagreement any further I will possibly offend or annoy you and that is not my intent nor desire.  I cannot possibly fathom what you feel because I have never ever experienced this type of tragedy (thank god.)   I did clearly say though that I dont have a problem with gun ownership for the right people, and I do not really think it should offend anyone....I just (personally) really dont think this is as clear cut nor convincing as so many people in favor of guns argue.Second, to Ted    ...... you can go and read some comics because once again you bring NOTHING to the table or conversation except your OBVIOUS HATRED of me...yes, it is pure unadulterated contemptual hatred....you can post something denying this and dress it however you want, but then your constant HYPOCRISY rears its head and you contradict yourself OVER and OVER, all the while doing nothing on this site except addressing EVERY single post you make to me attempting to harass or otherwise discredit me...and for what?   Seriously  what do you get out of that?    It does not matter what I post or to whom, you just AUTOMATICALLY zero in and type some one or two sentences (maybe three if you just took your meds) and simply try to point out something you think I did wrong.     EVERYONE SEES THIS but you dont care....why dont you try disagreeing the way Billyjoe does.....

BillyJoe
Video Poker Master

Post by BillyJoe »

first off, I had absolutely no way of knowing what Billyjoe and his sister went through...how could I possibly?   You have my sincere condolences Billyjoe.    And because of that, I am not going to post on this topic anymore, because if I express my disagreement any further I will possibly offend or annoy you and that is not my intent nor desire.  I cannot possibly fathom what you feel because I have never ever experienced this type of tragedy (thank god.)   I did clearly say though that I dont have a problem with gun ownership for the right people, and I do not really think it should offend anyone....I just (personally) really dont think this is as clear cut nor convincing as so many people in favor of guns argue.

No problem, DB. We can agree to disagree. Thank you for your offer of condolences.

DaBurglar
Video Poker Master

Post by DaBurglar »

[QUOTE=DaBurglar]
first off, I had absolutely no way of knowing what Billyjoe and his sister went through...how could I possibly?   You have my sincere condolences Billyjoe.    And because of that, I am not going to post on this topic anymore, because if I express my disagreement any further I will possibly offend or annoy you and that is not my intent nor desire.  I cannot possibly fathom what you feel because I have never ever experienced this type of tragedy (thank god.)   I did clearly say though that I dont have a problem with gun ownership for the right people, and I do not really think it should offend anyone....I just (personally) really dont think this is as clear cut nor convincing as so many people in favor of guns argue.

No problem, DB. We can agree to disagree. Thank you for your offer of condolences. [/QUOTE]you are totally welcome and I can also say that, in relating my position on guns where I state that I have no problem with gun ownership for the RIGHT PEOPLE, you are definitely (obviously) one of these "right people".   But now that I actually went back and re-read what I wrote, I honestly do not think that I actually DISAGREED that much at all with what you have posted in the first place!!!I EMPHASIZE that owning guns is ok if the person is responsible, receives minimal training on safety and handling, and is not a criminal.     I am sure you do not disagree with this, do you???   this is the essence of Gun Control, not gun banishment (nor gun proliferation.)    

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

So you say that, in your opinion; people only receiving MINIMAL training can own a gun? The minimum?  Again, I do not hate you. But I do think that you are a prideful person and that is considered the worst of the 7 deadly sins. 

pokerforme

Post by pokerforme »

I for one am just glad the 2nd amendment exists in this somewhat free country we live in so we do not have to live with what some people feel or believe. You have to hand it to them, they knew popular ideas are not always the best way to ensure freedoms.

DaBurglar
Video Poker Master

Post by DaBurglar »

So you say that, in your opinion; people only receiving MINIMAL training can own a gun? The minimum?  Again, I do not hate you. But I do think that you are a prideful person and that is considered the worst of the 7 deadly sins. Ok, you think I am "prideful".......and I think YOU are "crapful"      Not to mention a moron

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

I don't think "crapful" is neither a "word" or a sin.

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

I for one am just glad the 2nd amendment exists in this somewhat free country we live in so we do not have to live with what some people feel or believe. You have to hand it to them, they knew popular ideas are not always the best way to ensure freedoms.
   It's an awesome testament to common sense that the document was created by a group of farmers and even more impressive is that there were very few barristers among them.    Sigh.....

DaBurglar
Video Poker Master

Post by DaBurglar »

[QUOTE=pokerforme]I for one am just glad the 2nd amendment exists in this somewhat free country we live in so we do not have to live with what some people feel or believe. You have to hand it to them, they knew popular ideas are not always the best way to ensure freedoms.
   It's an awesome testament to common sense that the document was created by a group of farmers and even more impressive is that there were very few barristers among them.    Sigh.....[/QUOTE]A group of farmers?   Hahahahahahahahaha     what a total idiotObviously Tedlark never made it past 10th grade, because any 10th grader American History Student knows the PRIMARY and foremost Author of the Constitution was James Madison ------->  Definitely Not a farmerHe did the heavy lifting in putting the blueprint for our government together....he received help from guys like John Adams and Ben Franklin, and Jefferson ...... and farming was NOT what these guys were known for either.    I will grant though that Ben Franklin probably had a small garden, only because the guy could do (and did do) just about everything there was to be done in his day and age......