Start of 7-star Tourney

Discuss the latest contests, contest strategies, and scores!
Videopokerjesus
Forum Regular

Re: Start of 7-star Tourney

Post by Videopokerjesus »

Thanks for the information. Banging out 5K hands in a couple of days should be no problem for me.

kennybobby

Post by kennybobby »

I can attest it does work...I gotta star!!

WM---see, very, very cool...possibly awesome even!!
Thanks

WVRadar

Post by WVRadar »

If you qualify for the 7-star Tourney, what will the format be?  Similar to a Monthly Contest with cumulative scores or like the daily and weekly contests where a single high score wins?

Buffilita

Post by Buffilita »

So achievements earned prior to start of 7 star thingy don't count toward stars? Meaning I have to post on the forum again. ta da 1/4 of way to first star. Life is good.

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

So achievements earned prior to start of 7 star thingy don't count toward stars? Meaning I have to post on the forum again. ta da 1/4 of way to first star. Life is good.Achievements do count, no matter when they are earned, so they are the best way to ensure your qualification each month. 4 achievements = 1 star.If you had 4 achievements prior to the start of the month, you would begin the month with 1 star. If you had 5 achievements, you would start with 1 star and 1/4 of the way to your next achievements star (3 to go).If you have 20 achievements, you'll start each month with 5 stars.Of course, you don't need any achievements to qualify, you will just have to play a lot more. For some people, this isn't an issue.

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

Webman if I have had 13 daily high score achievements how would those translate to stars? I all ready have 7 achievements plus 13 clusters for daily high score.

Kibel x2
Forum Regular

Post by Kibel x2 »

Yeah...what they said...:)

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

13 of the same achievement = 1 achievement for the sake of the 7 star qualification. You need 4 unique achievements to earn a star.

BillyJoe
Video Poker Master

Post by BillyJoe »

I can attest it does work...I gotta star!!

WM---see, very, very cool...possibly awesome even!!
Thanks
Big Brown Nose.

BillyJoe
Video Poker Master

Post by BillyJoe »

OK - so for a player like me, here is my math on this contest..

A) I have two stars from 8 Achievements - unlikely to get any more. I should start each month with two stars.
B) I am unlikely to earn a star for playing 20 out of the 23 days available.
C) That leaves hands played. To get the remaining five stars, I will have to play 25,000 hands each month within that 23 day window.

Does this seem correct, or am I missing something ?