Rack 'Em Up

Why do you play video poker? What is your favorite game and why?
New2vp
Video Poker Master

Rack 'Em Up

Post by New2vp »

Bonus points are only paid on hands that improve per the note in help screen.If while playing DDB, I receive dealt quad aces (or 2s,3s,4s) without the kicker, do hands that improve by drawing the kicker get the bonus payoff?  If not, then I would think some additional explanation might be helpful in the help screen.I understand that no improvement is possible while holding quads in Bonus, Bonus Dlx, or DB.

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

Not all improvements result in a bonus. There is a pay table associated with improvements in the "See Pays" menu that displays the qualifying improvements. Since there are no kicker payouts on the bonus pay table, kickers do not earn an additional bonus in this game. There is a bonus for improving to 4 aces, but that would of course be impossible if holding another 4 of a kind.

New2vp
Video Poker Master

Post by New2vp »

Webman, thanks for your answer.1.  I have another question relating to Rack 'Em Up Bonus Deuces.  The help screen says "Only hands that improve from the INITIALLY HELD cards in the bottom hand are evaluated for bonus wins." [EMPHASIS ADDED].I was dealt trip deuces and two odd cards.  When holding only the 3 deuces, resulting drawn quads are NOT awarded bonus points, even though technically it is hard to define a 3-card hold as quads.  I do understand that as quads are the minimum hand possible resulting from that hold, even though the INITIALLY HELD cards are only 3 of a Kind.What happens with a dealt a wild royal with 3 deuces if I choose to hold only the deuces, which I think might be the smarter play?  Do resultant drawn wild royals qualify for bonus points?  I am guessing that they should, however given that dealt 3 deuces was treated as an INITIALLY HELD quad, I was wondering if a dealt wild royal is treated as an INITIALLY HELD royal whether it is held or not..Thanks in advance for your help. __________________________________________________________2.  There still may some bugs with this game.  Playing 50-play Bonus Deuces, I was dealt 2 deuces, T9 suited & an offsuit K.**  I held the 4-card SF and received:19 Straight (should be 95 points)  8  4 of a Kind (should be 160 plus 90 bonus points)*12  3 of a Kind (should be 60 points)  7  Straight Flush (should be 350 points plus 560 bonus points)  4  Flush (should be 60 points)Total was 1285 (should have been 1375)*The graphic showed a Full House billiard ball but no 4 of a Kind billiard ball.  A Full House is not a possible outcome with this hold.  And it appears the difference in the awarded score was the 90 bonus points that should have been shown on the missing billiard ball given 8 quads.**I don't know if it would matter, but the deuces were red, the T9 were clubs, and I believe the offsuit K was a diamond, but I am not 100% sure of the K's suit.Thanks again for the new games and new questions to ponder.