Stinky Biloxi Trip Ends Well

The lighter side... playing for entertainment, less concerned about "the math."
olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Re: Stinky Biloxi Trip Ends Well

Post by olds442jetaway »

Hi Phil. Right, forget about the Royal. It has cost me a couple on new M Benz's chasing it. I am planning an ultra low budget trip tonight up to Mohegan. Here is the game plan. It is different than yours, but in a sense similar. I will start out playing single coin quarters on Deuces Wild. When I get my hit of 4 or more on Deuces, I am going to switch the game to Bonus Poker Deluxe. Instead of playing 5 coins like I would normally in Deuces, I am going to play 5 quarters on BPDX. That way, at least I grab a hundred if any quad hits and I have about a 400 for 1 shot of doing it. Also if I have hit something better on Deuces like say a straight flush, I will give the quad 2 chances to come in on BPDX and so forth. That way, if it doesn't hit, at least I haven't lost more by going to a max bet, than I had the hand before with a 1 coin bet. You will still get the anticipation rush of a nice hit with max bet. Anyway, will post how it goes. Like I said, this will be ultra low budget night, so I will force myself to abide by the above rules. At least for a sessio or 2 anyway.

FloridaPhil
Video Poker Master

Post by FloridaPhil »

I tried a scheme a few years ago very similar to what you are proposing.  I would play max coin quarter deuces starting with $20 in the machine.  When the counter got to $40, I would switch games, go to DDB and play down to $20 and return to deuces.   I did hit some nice DDB quads that way, but I kept getting quad aces in Deuces so I quit.  I probably tried every possible scenario you could think of before settling in on my current strategy.  The most important things I learned from all that was to stop bleeding money all the time trying for the Royal, be happy with any win and stash the big wins at the maximum bet.   We may be able to make another trip to Connecticut next summer.  This time it's my turn to buy dinner.