Daily and Weekly Contests: 50 hands

Discuss the latest contests, contest strategies, and scores!
New2vp
Video Poker Master

Re: Daily and Weekly Contests: 50 hands

Post by New2vp »

The Jingle Bells and Christmas Tree are very nice but the 50 hands are like kissing your sister.    Hey, faygo, how are you doing? I don't post much any more. But with your post, I thought I might back you up. I was one of the ones who did NOT like the change from 200 hands to 100 hands way back when. The fewer the hands, the more that the winner is just the guy who gets dealt a monster. Newsflash if you are too unhappy with your results halfway through 100 hands: You can always quit and start over.

Obviously that might be a minority view. I would think the best way to run things, especially with all the contests that there are now, would be variety. Sometimes shorter, sometimes longer. The Olympics have 100-meter dashes, but they also have marathons ... with different winners and different fan bases. And, like someone said, it does not hurt to check something out and see if it is accepted better. It would be even better to be somewhat scientific. State the results you expect up front. Design how you will measure whether you achieve those results. Then measure and take corrective action if need be (or let things lie).

I don't have the time anymore to play like I used to on site (or to post), so I will likely not play even if it is 500 hands (or 5), so don't count my vote.

By the way, I should give a positive shout out to Webman as well. This is easily the best run Web site around. And any gnashing of teeth over something that is essentially free may not be worth the emotion.

Now I will crawl back into my forum hibernation hole for the winter!     Happy holidays!

faygo
Video Poker Master

Post by faygo »

New2vp I hope Spring comes early in 2015.   

WhitneyReed

Post by WhitneyReed »

I dislike the 50 hand format; the fewer the hands, the less skill involved in having a winning round. Even at 100 hands it's basically luck of the draw (pun intended!) 100 hands only takes about 10 minutes, so who can't find that amount of time in the day? Just my 2 cents. I still love the contests anyway!

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

Perhaps a good compromise would be 50 hands in the Daily contest and 100 hands in the weekly.?

chattycattty
VP Veteran

Post by chattycattty »

Perhaps a good compromise would be 50 hands in the Daily contest and 100 hands in the weekly.?

That would be consistent with new2vp's analogy of sprint versus marathon. The daily being the sprint, the weekly being in between, and the monthly most definitely being the marathon. I am okay with it either way.

Bear s Mom
Forum Rookie

Post by Bear s Mom »

Don't like the new 50 hand format.  Hoping it is not permanent.  Takes longer to load the game than to play it.

Galeygoo
VP Veteran

Post by Galeygoo »

Compromise sounds wonderful...my 2 cents to be 50 hands for monthly, return to 100 hands for daily and weekly...

Norm s Girl
Forum Newbie

Post by Norm s Girl »

I'm not crazy about the 50 hands either.

lmkenefick
Forum Newbie

Post by lmkenefick »

Really dislike 50 hands as well.

Lucy67
Forum Rookie

Post by Lucy67 »

Thumbs up, Webman! Believe it's a winner!