Weekly Contest Winners

Discuss the latest contests, contest strategies, and scores!
WVRadar

Weekly Contest Winners

Post by WVRadar »

While reviewing the winners in the last weekly contest I was pleased to see someone (martita) in the top ten who had been playing Jacks or Better.

Dealt a Royal Flush to do it, but it gives hope to those of us who hate playing a steady diet of Triple Double Bonus (or Double Double Bonus if the TDB is not available in that contest).

Also noticed that 3 or 4 (can't remember how many exactly) of the top ten were not dealt winning hands. Pretty obvious holds, but it's nice knowing that you don't have to be dealt a winner to have a chance!

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

Yes, it happens more than some people realize, but varies depending on the game type. Ultimate X is a great contest game for that reason... you can have an individual hand multiplied and win without a dealt winner. Of course, on a game like 100 play, you will never draw enough to beat a dealt royal. This is the main reason we kept most contests to 3 play instead of 5 or 10 play to begin with, so there's at least a chance without a dealt winner.

WVRadar

Post by WVRadar »

Thanks for the info on Ultimate X Webman. I am almost certain I'll never play the game for real money, but I'll play it more often on this site since I can play the game variation I like.