Upcoming contest changes 2015

Discuss the latest contests, contest strategies, and scores!
Webman
Video Poker Master

Upcoming contest changes 2015

Post by Webman »

Following are our plans to adjust the contest format a bit, beginning in March 2015. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Changes in bold.Daily Contests:A new game each day, 50 deals per session.  Play up to 7 sessions per day. If you play all 7 of your sessions, you earn 3 extra sessions the following day (up to 10 total). Greater variety of games, also including 5 and 10 play variations of existing contest games where we previously have only used 3 play.Weekly Contests:A new game each week, determined by GOLD Member voting. Unlimited sessions, 100 deals per session.Monthly Contests: (The Marathon)Single hand video poker, with a cumulative total for the entire month. Play up to 5 sessions per day, 100 hands per session. Miss a day? No problem. You will be able to make up missed sessions any time during the month. You simply cannot exceed the current maximum number of games played up until that date. For example, if you start on the 4th of the month, you would be able to play up to 20 sessions until you catch up to the 5 per day mark. Take the weekend off? You can play 15 sessions on Monday to make up for the missed games from Saturday and Sunday. If you miss a single session you can simply make it up the next day, etc. The result will hopefully mean more opportunities to participate and an exciting finish each month as the final sessions come in.

Galeygoo
VP Veteran

Post by Galeygoo »

I don't care for any restrictions to the daily game. I didn't in the past, and still don't. I DO HOWEVER, like the idea of five and ten play and hope there will be more variety. There are plenty of games available that NEVER appear on any contests.

edog743
Video Poker Master

Post by edog743 »

The change in the daily game structure reminds me of what it was a while back. Any chance of adding TDB to the monthly Webman?

Videopokerjesus
Forum Regular

Post by Videopokerjesus »

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!

doris13
Video Poker Master

Post by doris13 »

wish the monthly was not single hand.single line vp bores me.

sinnh_old
Forum Rookie

Post by sinnh_old »

I like the proposal for the monthly.

feline57

Post by feline57 »

I think you have reached a happy medium here with the contests. When I first read about the change to the daily contest I felt a bit deflated. But upon further consideration I think the change to limited sessions per day creates a more level playing field for everyone.

People who have plenty of free time versus those who have limited time to devote to a daily contest, this format gives people a more equal chance. Limiting the amount of sessions per day negates the possible advantage of those who play numerous sessions per day.

I like that the weekly contest is still 100 hands and unlimited sessions. Makes a good opportunity for when people do have extra time to play and want to play many sessions.

For the monthly contest being able to make-up a missed day or days is a HUGE improvement! That is the change that I have been looking forward to the most.

I personally think you have reached a nice balance here with the structure of the 3 contests.
Again, I appreciate the fact that this site listens to its members and asks for suggestions and thoughts.

Thanks

Videopokerjesus
Forum Regular

Post by Videopokerjesus »

wish the monthly was not single hand.single line vp bores me.

...and in that simplicity is its added complexity.

chattycattty
VP Veteran

Post by chattycattty »

I like the changes. Thank you for listening to us. No matter what you do you will never be able to keep everyone happy. I wish you would consider a further restriction of limiting the number of games on the weekly. A hundred total games in the weekly sounds like enough for me.

Dando54
Forum Newbie

Post by Dando54 »

Thanks for the change to the monthly. I do like being able to make up for a missed day!!!

Daily change seems more fair, although some days it doesn't matter how many I play, I still don't make the winner board! lol