DEFINITELY going to Vegas

Discuss all things Las Vegas. Hotels, restaurants, good deals, airfares, cabbies, conventions, shows, etc.
Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Re: DEFINITELY going to Vegas

Post by Tedlark »

DaBurglar why can't you grasp that I know NOTHING about Southwest Vacation Packages? I have never booked a vacation package and I am curious. Unlike you, I do not know everything.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

Hi Ted. Try typing in Southwest Air vegas packages. Their site will come up with various deals. Just for the heck of it, I typed in a 4 night stay from Chicago and some came up in the 500- range. That included hotel and air. I don't fly often, but when we do, we have always used Liberty trave and have come up with the best deals through them. Good luck. Wish I could go. Edited to add. I checked Liberty Travel. Round trip from Chicago to Vegas in the 200- range. That is air only, but sounds like a good price. Choices were United or Frontier.

OTABILL
Video Poker Master

Post by OTABILL »

[QUOTE=OTABILL]A number of airlines fly non-stop from O'Hare to Vegas. Southwest flies non-stop from Midway.
    I wasn't familiar with Southwest Vacations, are they something along the lines of "Funjet?"[/QUOTE]

Ted: We've never done a Southwest Vacation package (or one for any other airline) so I can't help you there. However, we fly southwest alot and they are as good as anyone especially in that you can get cheaper webfares going on their site and also there is no charge for the first two checked bags or carry on luggage.

DaBurglar
Video Poker Master

Post by DaBurglar »

Airline packages are incredibly convenient, no hassle, easy ways to book and then GO on vacation....you pay one lump sum for your roundtrip air and Hotel for however LONNNNNG you plan on staying at your destination of choice.....Southwest has numerous packages for virtually any famous destination they fly into and out of....any city, any attraction.If you want to stay for more than a few days (like 10 days or more) then the vacation package is a good option for vegas.....example for me is I am planning on around a 10 day  stay in Vegas in late may early june.....booking it with my brother nets us a per person cost of around $700......staying at a place like Four Queens Downtown  or Circus circu.....if I upgrade to mid strip like Harrahs the price is around 750 per person.....that includes roundtrip air (with ALL FEES and taxes) plus 10 nights at the hotel!Go to the website and check it out

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

Thanks everyone for all of the useful information. I have NEVER booked a vacation package, much less heard of anything called "Southwest Vacation Packages." It could be an option for me.

Vman96
Video Poker Master

Post by Vman96 »

Ted: We've never done a Southwest Vacation package (or one for any other airline) so I can't help you there. However, we fly southwest alot and they are as good as anyone especially in that you can get cheaper webfares going on their site and also there is no charge for the first two checked bags or carry on luggage.

Having g/f's parents flying out of Midway for about $190/ea round trip later this month.

DaBurglar
Video Poker Master

Post by DaBurglar »

[QUOTE=OTABILL]

Having g/f's parents flying out of Midway for about $190/ea round trip later this month.[/QUOTE]On a vacation package?  or just a flight to Vegas while you book your rooms separately?By the way When are you getting married?   Can we coordinate a meet n' greet with this event?  Just wondering...

DaBurglar
Video Poker Master

Post by DaBurglar »

As I stated earlier, I will be in Vegas May 27 so anyone who would like the particulars of my trip and would like to meet, email me at Club_da_burglar@yahoo.com and I'll share and perhaps we can arrange something......any and all are welcome!

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

How about July, I think I might be able to get out there sometime between July 1st through July 14th.?

DaBurglar
Video Poker Master

Post by DaBurglar »

How about July, I think I might be able to get out there sometime between July 1st through July 14th.?great, I probably will be at the Four Queens Downtown but that could change....i'd love to sit in front of you and see if you can muster the courage to say and act the way you do here......