Las Vegas RESORT FEES

Discuss all things Las Vegas. Hotels, restaurants, good deals, airfares, cabbies, conventions, shows, etc.
notes1
Video Poker Master

Re: Las Vegas RESORT FEES

Post by notes1 »

There is a big difference between compensatory and punitive damages. I was recently notified that I was part of a class action suit regarding airport fees for rental cars at McCarran Airport in Las Vegas. I think they said I would be entitled to a certificate good for 1 day's car rental from Enterprise. That is; if I sign up to be a plaintiff in the class action. Pass.....
 what you want to really want to look at, is how much the lawyers are getting. i guarantee they are not being paid in coupons.

3 Time Looser
Forum Rookie

Post by 3 Time Looser »

Tropicana $25 resort fee waved on comped rooms.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

Also waived at Mohegan Sun. For now anyway.

europa92118
Forum Rookie

Post by europa92118 »

Make sure to let the hotels know that you have ad it with their deceptive practices. Fill out comment cards, tell them, etc, etc. The Golden Gate has a strange phenomena. If you are comped the very high resort fee $22.50 gets comped but then if you want to use anything normally covered by the fee you have to pay. Thus pay for the room and fee and Internet is included, get comped pay for your own Internet.

HunterPence1978
Forum Newbie

Post by HunterPence1978 »

Best Buffet. Ceasars. Best SPA. Encore (Wynn). Best Hotel. The Wynn (Encore). Best fun place away from strip. The Haufbrau House.

OTABILL
Video Poker Master

Post by OTABILL »

New Article on Resort/Parking Fees in Vegashttps://www.thestreet.com/travel/las-ve ... icing-move

Karl_EDT

Post by Karl_EDT »

If you are going to Vegas I would imagine, for most people (not all but most) staying in their hotel room and watching tv or surfing the net is something they won't be doing that much. It seems to me, a fair compromise would be something like: Hotel charges guests when they check-in the resort fee, and then upon checkout, they simply see if the person did in fact utilize these "extras". If so, then the charge stays, if not, they get chopped off the final bill. That's the fair way, but of course it's not the Vegas way.

Karl_EDT

Post by Karl_EDT »

By the way, I tried to read this whole thread from the beginning. I'm now looking for the Extra Strength Tylenol.

Karl_EDT

Post by Karl_EDT »

I was just playing Extra draw frenzy on this site and doing horribly so my mind wandered back to this irritating topic of the ever increasing resort fees and additional charges that keep popping up at these vegas destination resorts. Back in 2005 when there was a hugely annoying persistent upswing in the price of gasoline where everyone was complaining and asking "why?", a idea was floated on the internet back then about organizing a nationwide or even worldwide 3 day pause in gasoline purchases, whereby essentially everyone would do their absolute best to not purchase gas, and drive as little as possible for up to 3 days. The thought was, a 3 day massive decline in purchasing would force the whole supply system to slash prices because of the economics of the gasoline supply chain. What if people tried something similar with vegas. A mass pause in visiting and frequenting Vegas, say 1 week in the middle of summer. If vegas suffered a massive halt in demand, just for 1 week, as a protest against its awful greedy anti-customer predatory charges, they would have to give it serious thought I would think.

TripleTriple
VP Veteran

Post by TripleTriple »

Nearly everyone needs gasoline. Nearly no one needs Vegas.