Suggestion

Comments and suggestions about VideoPoker.com
shycrow
Forum Newbie

Suggestion

Post by shycrow »

I know you can t please everyone..it s a no win situation, but I think people would be happier if only they felt they had a chance. My one suggestion would be to use the monthly single hand cumulative score for the weekly contest. My reasoning is this: After the first week in the monthly if you havent gotten a royal it already seems out of reach so by the third week it is almost laughable. You ll hear people say "gee I'm only 25k behind tenth place"   But that first week...there is always hope...there may be a gap but it doesnt seem utterly impossible. Once you take away the hope a game is no longer fun. So that would be my suggestion.Leave the daily as it is...make the monthly a weekly (adjusting the prizes to the weekly pay out of course) and then have the 7 start tourney for the monthly goal.

edog743
Video Poker Master

Post by edog743 »

The monthly is the only one I play on a consistent basis.LOL

Buffilita

Post by Buffilita »

I think people like the variety of games offered weekly and daily, especially multiline options. If single hand Game King were to be week after week, there would be more complaints than kudos. I like single line, but I'm in the minority. All we can do is keep clicking and hope to hit that monster hand.

shycrow
Forum Newbie

Post by shycrow »

I suppose you are both right and I didnt put as much thought into it as I should.I guess I would just wish for a way to have a game that didnt rely on being dealt one monster hand.

WhitneyReed

Post by WhitneyReed »

I suppose you are both right and I didnt put as much thought into it as I should.I guess I would just wish for a way to have a game that didnt rely on being dealt one monster hand.

That's the beauty of the monthly contest. You're playing 15,000 over the month (if I did the math correctly!) so it evens out those monster hands. It helps to play a low-variance game, though, such as standard Deuces Wild rather than one of the games where the pay table is weighted toward the top. Slow and steady wins the race! Of course, I've never placed in the monthly contest, but I also haven't played all the available hands over the month either; the new format allowing make up hands really helps.

edog743
Video Poker Master

Post by edog743 »

I think the monthly contest could improve itself if everyone played the same game the whole month. JOB one month Joker poker the next etc...

Mare2548
Forum Regular

Post by Mare2548 »

I recently started playing different games in the monthly contest instead of always DDB and I've been doing much better. Can't get a royal but I've hit 5OAK twice in Joker Poker for 4000 each time. Go Figure! If the variety were to be taken away, my new strategy would be impossible. Please leave it the way it is!

faygo
Video Poker Master

Post by faygo »

I recently started playing different games in the monthly contest instead of always DDB and I've been doing much better. Can't get a royal but I've hit 5OAK twice in Joker Poker for 4000 each time. Go Figure! If the variety were to be taken away, my new strategy would be impossible. Please leave it the way it is!

janemichaels

Post by janemichaels »

I like the format as it is, but I think all sessions should be 50 hands. In this new game this week, it takes forever to get the 100 hands in. I would like to see what a royal looks like in that game though.

Galeygoo
VP Veteran

Post by Galeygoo »

I agree that Royal Hunt is a very slow playing game as well. I'd hate to say it, but it doesn't seem very enjoyable to me and has no draw...no pun intended.

I will continue to try, though...