Vegas bound!

Discuss all things Las Vegas. Hotels, restaurants, good deals, airfares, cabbies, conventions, shows, etc.
BruceinGa
Forum Rookie

Vegas bound!

Post by BruceinGa »

Newbie here!  I just found this board and really think I'll improve my play with the aid of your tips and strategies.

We're headed to Vegas in October to compete in a senior softball tournament.  This will be my 5th visit in three years and am looking forward to it.  Our sponsor has rooms reserved at Binions so I'll be checking out the JOB there and on Freemont St.   I plan to divide my time between vp and softball.
After my first visit to Vegas 3 years ago I thought that I might like blackjack.  I memorized 95% of the basic strategy but I soon realized that I didn't enjoy playing a live game.  I think the vp is the answer.
I saw where most of you don't recommend playing the double up feature.  Last year in St. Louis I cleared $190 in about 3 hours of 25 cent play using the double up feature.   While there this year I didn't fare as well, losing about $20.  The double up feature may just add too much excitement/stress to my  play.
I am currently reading Million Dollar Video Poker but I don't think I'll ever be able to put forth the effort need to be really successful at it.
Sorry to ramble.
Does anyone have any recommendations as to JOB on Freemont St?  Or, do most prefer not to devulge the location of the best machines?
Great forum.
Bruce

chuck arl

Post by chuck arl »

Sounds like you're excited to visit, so don't overshoot the runway on your arrival!!! As far as downtown is concerned, the following were places that I used to play that had decent basic v.p. games: Las vegas club, El Cortez.Plaza and selectively Golden Nugget. Have fun and bring money.---CWA---

BruceinGa
Forum Rookie

Post by BruceinGa »

We just got back last evening.  I'm sure that I didn't play as much vp as most of you would have but I had a great time just the same.  I had a hard time finding fpjob at Binion's and Main Street.  I settled for 8/5.  I didn't come out ahead at job so I decided to play vbj and did very well.... the first day only.  It was kind of funny, I put in a $20 and bet one coin, won.  A softball teammate walked up and asked how to play and I showed him.  I hit max coins and proceeded to win 3 of the next 4 hands.  He asked if I realized that I was playing for $5 a hand, I didn't and was shocked.  I continued to play max coins and won $90 before I quit about an hour later.
 Anyway, like I said, I played at Binion's, Main Street, 4 Queens, Vegas Club, The Freemont, Fitzgerald's and Wynn.  At Main Street I played the old machines that didn't pay in tickets, only quarters.  I was scrambling to find a cup!
We stayed at Binion's and were happy with the room.  We got a corner room this year which is much larger than the other rooms.
I ordered the coupons from Vegasresources.com and we used three of them for 2 for 1 buffets.
Maybe by next year I will forget about my losses.  I figure that the 4 tee shirts that I got from my previous day's points cost me $75 each.
I almost forgot, I did have one 4 of a kind.  I'm still looking for my first rf, for that matter, my first sf!