games playing slow

If you are having problems with a game on this Web site, post here.
faygo
Video Poker Master

Re: games playing slow

Post by faygo »

So, what platforms are you all running? Just wondering.

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

It would also be good to hear how much RAM. Chrome is known to eat up memory, especially with multiple tabs open.

Mare2548
Forum Regular

Post by Mare2548 »

I'm running Windows XP and have had memory issues in the past with various programs. My puter says I have 896MB ram; obviously not enough! This is an eMachine EL1200-05w. When it gives out finally I will get something with lots of RAM!
By the way, I never have more than one tab open.

MPD001

Post by MPD001 »

Windows 7, IE 11, 4 GB Ram. No problems with sound with any games, but then again, I don't do Keno.

faygo
Video Poker Master

Post by faygo »

So, what platforms are you all running? Just wondering.

I should have added that I have an XP2 and 1.25GB RAM. Never had an issue with my laptop and IE11. But that is another story.

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

Mare, 896MB Ram is not enough to play the games smoothly in Chrome. Another browser may help. More RAM is definitely recommended.MPD, 4GB should be plenty (and it sounds like you have no issues?)Faygo, 1.25GB should be ok, but Chrome could use it up, depending on what else you have open. You definitely wouldn't want any other tabs open. Might want to use IE or Firefox instead since Chrome uses so much memory. If you're on XP I guess IE wouldn't be an option since newer versions aren't supported. That older machine is going to be tricky.

Mare2548
Forum Regular

Post by Mare2548 »

Thanks WM, I guess I knew that! At least I can play on the ipad with no problems, until I upgrade my computer. I had a problem getting firefox to work but may try again.

edog743
Video Poker Master

Post by edog743 »

Windows 7 1 gig of ram chrome no problems life is good. Would be gooder if I could get a royal or two in the monthly. I also use Ccleaner on exit every time.

faygo
Video Poker Master

Post by faygo »

Mare, 896MB Ram is not enough to play the games smoothly in Chrome. Another browser may help. More RAM is definitely recommended.MPD, 4GB should be plenty (and it sounds like you have no issues?)Faygo, 1.25GB should be ok, but Chrome could use it up, depending on what else you have open. You definitely wouldn't want any other tabs open. Might want to use IE or Firefox instead since Chrome uses so much memory. If you're on XP I guess IE wouldn't be an option since newer versions aren't supported. That older machine is going to be tricky.

Only have one tab open . Firefox was worse. Got my eye on a used PC running Windows 7. Don't like 8.1 at all and the need to be able to play VP precludes waiting for Windows 10.

Mare2548
Forum Regular

Post by Mare2548 »

Thanks for the tip about Firefox faygo. I may try it anyway, if I can find the patience! I completely understand about the need to play VP!
YAY...this post made me a forum regular...finally.