Urgent Action IRS Proposal

Why do you play video poker? What is your favorite game and why?
olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Re: Urgent Action IRS Proposal

Post by olds442jetaway »

I posted on this stuff a while back I think under anything and everything. There is detail in there also from other posters that is worth reading. Impact will be felt the most by those like myself who live in states that tax you on gross winnings with no writeoff for losses allowed. There is also detail in there about defining what a session is.

Lucky Larry
Video Poker Master

Post by Lucky Larry »

LL, after your recent $20,000 Royal Flush, they know that  they can count on you to be protesting in a heartbeat! Prime candidate for running riot and raising hell.

FAA, it was $10K not $20K - I'm still waiting for that $20 to hit.

Heck, those who know me really well know they don't have to worry about me expressing my opinion.   Always in a nice, polite, hard-headed. well-reasoned (my reasons - ) sorta way. Have always loved being independent enough to express my thoughts...even if it sometimes upset the bosses to hear what it was really like on the front lines....

Lucky Larry
Video Poker Master

Post by Lucky Larry »

I posted on this stuff a while back I think under anything and everything. There is detail in there also from other posters that is worth reading. Impact will be felt the most by those like myself who live in states that tax you on gross winnings with no writeoff for losses allowed. There is also detail in there about defining what a session is.

If Congress really wants suggestions on how to increase income... hard working people and the people on this forum can easily give them a dozen ways - although some lobbyist might not agree. Heck I'd like to see about 10,000 more IRS agents to track the off-shore account money. They'd pay for themselves in no time at all.

notes1
Video Poker Master

Post by notes1 »

[QUOTE=olds442jetaway] I posted on this stuff a while back I think under anything and everything. There is detail in there also from other posters that is worth reading. Impact will be felt the most by those like myself who live in states that tax you on gross winnings with no writeoff for losses allowed. There is also detail in there about defining what a session is.

If Congress really wants suggestions on how to increase income... hard working people and the people on this forum can easily give them a dozen ways - although some lobbyist might not agree. Heck I'd like to see about 10,000 more IRS agents to track the off-shore account money. They'd pay for themselves in no time at all. [/QUOTE]
 would welcome everyone paying what they owe. no arguement from me.  but, why don't we look at some of the spending, that keeps taking money, from those who pay the taxes. how about investigating the millions who are scamming the SS disability program with false claims, how about re-thinking the 'war on poverty' that has cost billions and yet we have the same percentage of folks who are in poverty. we spend billions on education (baltimore, one of the highest in the country) and the kids are scoring lower on standardized tests than many other countries.  let's all keep in mind, that according to recent governemnt data, the top 40% of tax filers, pay 95%+ of all federal income tax. the lower 40% pay a net negative share of federal income taxes. instead of always looking for ways to spend more money, how about finding ways to cut spending, finding ways to grow the economy so more people contribute, create a climate where folks take more responsibility, instead of counting on the government to subsidize them. over 30% of all white children and 70% of black children are born into single parent households. this is a receipe for financial disaster. yes, go after the tax evaders, get their money. but, a society that rewards irresponsibilty, that faults/penalizes success, that encourages dependency/victimazation is one will last only so long. it is fine to keep spending other people's money, until you have spent it all.