Crazy Times Pay, alter play?

Discuss the latest contests, contest strategies, and scores!
WhitneyReed

Crazy Times Pay, alter play?

Post by WhitneyReed »

I've never played Crazy Times Pay (daily contest 6/17) in real life (don't even know if I've seen it). The bonus multipliers on specific hand payouts must change the optimal play strategy. So, do you adjust your play depending on the multipliers? I'd think it'd be pretty tough because of all the possible combinations of multipliers. I've adjusted a few times based on a straight of full house multiplier, but that's about it.

Mr.Dawes

Post by Mr.Dawes »

I think strategy adjustment for this game is necessary. When you look at any given deal the difference in EV between the top 2 or 3 hold possibilities is often quite small. Therefore a multiplier could certainly require a change of hold cards. Given that the amount and placement of multipliers changes every hand this would be a difficult game to master.

Mr.Dawes

Post by Mr.Dawes »

Here is a quick example to illustrate this point.DDB pokerDealt Hand:   Ac, Qc, Jc, Ad, 7hPair of Aces has an EV of 1.93Three to the royal has EV of 1.37Pair of Aces is the correct play.But if there is a 2x multiplier on the Royal and no multiplier for the Aces then:Pair of Aces EV is 1.93Three to a Royal EV is 2.11Now three to a royal is correct.This also assumes there are no other multipliers for hits like trips, boats, straights or flushes which would effect the above expected values.

Vman96
Video Poker Master

Post by Vman96 »

Issues like this is a big reason why "Random Rewards" failed.