Double Double Bonus vs Triple Double Bonus

Discuss proper hold strategies and "advantage play" and ask questions about how to improve your play.
onemoretry
Video Poker Master

Re: Double Double Bonus vs Triple Double Bonus

Post by onemoretry »

It you have a "full pay" game aka 9/7, there are many differences between the games. When the flush pays 7 for 1 holding 3 to a flush is a common play.

The one I have the most difficulty getting my mind around is breaking up a paying pair in favour of a four to the flush draw.

Lucky Larry
Video Poker Master

Post by Lucky Larry »

I don't recommend playing TDB long term unless you have a limitless bankroll and a huge supply of tranquilizers. It can be brutal or like a wild animal you think you've tamed.

Short term it can be a winner but you have to be able to leave in an instant when it turns on you. Sweet C will occasionally play TDB 9/6 and has had some great hits but.... you can lose it all waiting for the next big hit.

Vman96
Video Poker Master

Post by Vman96 »

[QUOTE=Vman96]
It you have a "full pay" game aka 9/7, there are many differences between the games. When the flush pays 7 for 1 holding 3 to a flush is a common play.

The one I have the most difficulty getting my mind around is breaking up a paying pair in favour of a four to the flush draw.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I forgot to mention that a flush draw is better than a pair of face cards on a 7 for 1 flush game too.

Joeprivatetime
Forum Newbie

Post by Joeprivatetime »

Good topic. I'm very new to the game.   I was always seeking out the TDB games because I thought bigger payout more fun. I guess that isn't the truth.   Interesting the website pretty much eliminates the TDP in the practice area (only see it on Ten Play).

DAAnMAAn
VP Veteran

Post by DAAnMAAn »

Back to the main question of strategic differences, best advice which I haven’t read yet is to get playing software. Software will train you the correct plays for the different pay tables of TDB and the specific one you will be able to play wherever you are. Some examples are video poker for winners and Winpoker. I think u already understand it’s a variance ride, with amazing sessions good and bad. But that’s the thrill of TDB. I do not play it either, and even shying away from DDB. But this is different issues. Good luck!