Could it be...a winning trip?

Did you hit any jackpots? Did you get a great comp? We all want to know!
faygo
Video Poker Master

Re: Could it be...a winning trip?

Post by faygo »

With that high of a ratio of 5oak vs RF one would surmise that ACJW is a good game. The rub comes with the 2 pair requirement for a push. The game when played perfectly(I don't,yet. One card holds drive you nuts.)returns 97.19, but the variance is 70.1.

BOOPSAHOY
Video Poker Master

Post by BOOPSAHOY »

I play on the VPFW software and I am always getting a penalty when I have to hold one card. I cant for the life of me figure out sometimes why my choice isnt the right one! I even try to take in account "penalty cards", which I hate. However its exciting even when you get dealt 3oak!

shadowman
Video Poker Master

Post by shadowman »

I've never played AC jokers but I hear it is a lot like OEJs. Yes, keeping single cards is also required both with and without a Joker. The big difference is which suit is involved is key to many decisions.

faygo
Video Poker Master

Post by faygo »

I've never played AC jokers but I hear it is a lot like OEJs. Yes, keeping single cards is also required both with and without a Joker. The big difference is which suit is involved is key to many decisions.

Your4 right Shadowman, the single card holds with and without a Joker are dependant on both Flush and Strraight interference (penalty cards).
The tough part is sometimes it is hard to figure out which one has precedence.

I have reverted to practicing at the strategy level and not perfect play. The difference with perfect play is very minute (1/4 to less than a cent most times).

This makes the game somewhat easier and less of a drain on the old brain. Using the strategy I havn't seen a noticeable  hit to the bankroll.

shadowman
Video Poker Master

Post by shadowman »

For OEJs I developed a system for the one card holds. It only applies to 5-9 in my game. I compute a penalty value based on all penalties. I add 4 to this value for each flush penalty and (5-distance_from_card) for each straight penalty. So if I have a six with one flush penalty and a 3 and a 10 for straight penalties, I would add 4+3+1 for a total of 8. In my situation if the value is greater than 7 then I don't hold the card. So, if any of these penalties were not there I would hold it, with all 3 of them I don't hold it.  I suspect you could formulate something similar for AC jokers.

I have a similar system for one card holds.