Deposit Fees/Resort Fees

Discuss all things Las Vegas. Hotels, restaurants, good deals, airfares, cabbies, conventions, shows, etc.
Charski63
Forum Newbie

Deposit Fees/Resort Fees

Post by Charski63 »

First timer, I am planning at staying at Harrahs and see that resort fees are around $28 a day.
I know that this is a gimme and not refunded.
I need to know if I have a debit card how does the deposit fees work....
I think it says 100 day..is that correct...per day??
so for 6 days they can hold 600 dollars?

I have no intention of using anything that would be charged to the room.

Is there a less expensive way to avoid this with cash deposit?
I saw some hotels charge 100 per stay if you pay with cash.....
I'll be broke even before I have a chance to spend money....LOL

notes1
Video Poker Master

Post by notes1 »

i would check with CET. another post i read, a woman visiting vegas, who was there for an extended time period, stated had her credit maxed out, due to the hotel holds on her card. not sure if her story was true, but sounds possible. a single cash deposit may be the answer. good luck.

Charski63
Forum Newbie

Post by Charski63 »

What is CET?

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

CET = Caesars Entertainment. Caesars; Rio; Harrahs; Paris; Bally's; The Link, in Las Vegas.

alpax
Video Poker Master

Post by alpax »

If you are a Total Rewards diamond card holder, the resort fees are waived. I am not sure about CET properties, but most places I've been to only held $100 for the entire stay. Then again, I never stayed at a Vegas resort on my own expense for more than 3 days. I've never seen any resort take $100 out and put back $100 on my statements before, they just reverse the $100 pending hold.

Things like this are not usually a concern for most people, unless you are not in good credit standing to not be approved for a credit card.

DaBurglar
Video Poker Master

Post by DaBurglar »

this can indeed get messy, even with normal credit cards, depending on how and when the hotel does its "hold", and also on the creidt card company itself and how it processes or regards things on its end.One easy way is to simply "pay it forward" with the resort fees:  if you know, for instance that you will be at a Vegas Hotel that charges these absurd/annoying  RESORT fees, and you KNOW that you will be there for 6 days (as an example),  simply offer to PAY up front in cash (or as a one time payment on the credit card) the TOTAL resort fees!   Since you almost never can get "OUT" of paying these unless you suddenly become a highroller during your stay, it pays to just get it over with and out of the way.Of course, the BEST thing to do is this:  FIND a place that CHARGES ZERO resort fees!   Believe it or not they still exist, you just need to look into it, and then accept that you cannot always stay where you originally wanted due to these absurd and greed induced fees!EDITED to add:  NOT FOR THE FAINT OF HEART, but if you are up to it, when you check into your choice of hotel and they try to charge these "fees", ask to speak to the manager and then THROW an absolute hissy fit and refuse to pay these fees!   Cry wail and bemoan the fact that YOU had your heart set on staying there but you will be DAMNED if you will pay these absurd and awful fees!    I have heard more than one story of people getting them "WAIVED" in the name of peace and quiet, as well as customer relations.     Seriously, this will work if you do it right......

wildman49
Video Poker Master

Post by wildman49 »

Of course, the BEST thing to do is this:  FIND a place that CHARGES ZERO resort fees!   Believe it or not they still exist, you just need to look into it, and then accept that you cannot always stay where you originally wanted due to these absurd and greed induced fees!

Here is a few...........http://www.lasvegas-how-to.com/resort-f ... hotels.php