Highest Scoring Game

Why do you play video poker? What is your favorite game and why?
ortonvillepc
Forum Newbie

Highest Scoring Game

Post by ortonvillepc »

What is the highest scoring game? I mean, through 100 hands which game scores the most overall out of ALL games?

Vman96
Video Poker Master

Post by Vman96 »

For average contest score?   Probably either 100 play with STP or 100 play with quick quads.

BobDancer
Video Poker Master

Post by BobDancer »

If you're talking about winning a contest on this site, choose the game where you have the most opportunities for dealt hands earning you 4,000 coins per line. Almost all games earn 4,000 for a royal (the dealt version of which comes about 1-in-650,000 hands). Triple Double Bonus gives the same reward for being dealt four aces with a kicker (which come about 3 times in 650,000). The 5-of-a-kind Joker Wild offers 4,000 coin dealt jackpot every 220,000 hands. Not as good as TDB, but likely in second place.For the multi-line contest, you "need" a big dealt hand to win. They don't come about very often, but put yourself in position that if you do get lucky, you can win the prize.You CAN win the contest with any game because dealt royals do come around. But you have a 4x as likely to get such a dealt jackpot with TDB and a 3x as likely with 5-of-a-kind Joker Poker.It is very unlikely, of course, that any specific 100-hand session will contain any of these huge dealt hands. Your EV from playing the contest of the week is probably 10 cents an hour or so. If that floats your boat, go for it!

Vman96
Video Poker Master

Post by Vman96 »

I'm not even sure it's that high Bob. :(

I rarely play these but I will sometimes if the contest is a "Gold Game" or a game I really like. Last time I tried the weekly contest was when they had "peek and play poker", which is an intriguing game in it's own right, imo. But sure enough, I got dealt Aces w/kicker after my peek card. But I did so badly on the other 99 hands that I got 37th for the week. :(

I did get 5000 of videopoker.com player points though, which I value at about 6 cents.

allstarjane
Forum Newbie

Post by allstarjane »

I played a 50 hand 25 cent Tripple Double bonus poker machine in Vegas. I was dealt FOUR Aces with an 8. My hands were shaking so hard I was afraid I'd make a mistake holding the aces, but managed to get it right. That machime took forever to finish racking up the credits, but when it did,I had over $18,000. Fantastic!!