triple wheel weekly contest

Discuss the latest contests, contest strategies, and scores!
doris13
Video Poker Master

Re: triple wheel weekly contest

Post by doris13 »

since the straight flush pays the same as quads in most games why shouldn't a bonus wheel be awarded?

Vman96
Video Poker Master

Post by Vman96 »

It should be probably...but they didn't do it because then people would have the question, "Well, if you included the straight flush, why didn't you include the royal?"

And they couldn't include the royal on the prize wheel because in some states, the top prize must be hit as frequently as 1 in 17 million.

The fact that TDB exists in the game, likely the probability of the top wheel slice on the gold wheel is approximately 1 in 75 (at least greater than 1 in 78.49), so then about 1 in 75 dealt AWAK get awarded the top wheel slice.

If you award the top wheel slice on dealt full houses and quads, and award the same probability of 1 in 75 for the top slice for all of these (not certain that is true) then the top prize on the gold wheel is 1.25% of the game's overall return. Pretty top heavy since the bonus game should be roughly 17% of the game's overall return.

And of course, since you brought this up...I feel obligated to try the game. And typical of me playing these contests...hit the top slice on the first wheel spin.

onemoretry
Video Poker Master

Post by onemoretry »

And of course, since you brought this up...I feel obligated to try the game. And typical of me playing these contests...hit the top slice on the first wheel spin.

4000 is not the top slice on the gold wheel. I hit for 10000.

Sorry, I just noticed you were on the silver wheel!

Minn. Fatz
VP Veteran

Post by Minn. Fatz »

It's all about the WHEELS BABY!!!!

lollypoppers
Forum Newbie

Post by lollypoppers »

I Love this game. but do admit that I can't seem to win... any tips?