Newb Question

Why do you play video poker? What is your favorite game and why?
Yvo452
Forum Newbie

Newb Question

Post by Yvo452 »

Hello, everyone I have a bit of a beginner question. I've heard a couple years ago that video poker in Las Vegas and Atlantic City were different? Something about Las Vegas video poker actually representing a card game and shuffle, while the way it's run in Atlantic City is more like a slot machine or something? Can someone shed some light on this for me? Thank you for any insight.

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

There is no difference between Las Vegas and Atlantic City as to how video poker operates.

Mcgarrett
Forum Newbie

Post by Mcgarrett »

Just played 500 hands in different contests. Not one 4 of a kind. HOW does that happen?

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

Were you holding the right cards?

onemoretry
Video Poker Master

Post by onemoretry »

Just played 500 hands in different contests. Not one 4 of a kind. HOW does that happen?
Five hundred quadless hands is hardly an example of a bad streak. There's about a 30% chance of it.

Mcgarrett
Forum Newbie

Post by Mcgarrett »

Of course I was holding the right cards. Just played another 100 hands, same result. I notice other contest scores are not as high as they normally are. Interesting. For me it is not as much fun to play when you can't get a higher score. It is only for fun but it would be much more fun to beat my last score. I feel I am just treading water. Too bad, this site has seen better days.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

It's can't always be Christmas. Even when you play for free.

Galeygoo
VP Veteran

Post by Galeygoo »

It's not the site, it's the games.  All three contest games offered today are notoriously stingy.

Mcgarrett
Forum Newbie

Post by Mcgarrett »

OK I am back again. Just played 600 more hands in the contests. Still not one 4 of a kind. I am not complaining about not "winning" anything, just that it doesn't seem like it is as much fun as it has been in the past. I don't care about "winning" but it is so much more fun to have higher scores. This is suppose to be fun which means to me sometimes higher scores. Also lower scores can be fun but just knowing when I start that I will get such a low score takes the excitement out of playing.

NOWHERENOW
Forum Newbie

Post by NOWHERENOW »

stats are stats. Sometimes they seem to not go your way but over the long haul they will bear out. One of these times you'll get 4 quads in 100 hands