What is the most common denomination

Why do you play video poker? What is your favorite game and why?
Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Re: What is the most common denomination

Post by Tedlark »

DaBurglar best of luck to you if you do go to Las Vegas in December. Have you given any thought to attending one of Bob Dancer's sessions at South Point if he has one scheduled?

Bob Dancer gave bankroll parameters; are you following them? Are you planning on seeing any shows when you're there? How about dining, any restaurants on your to do list? I understand those fellows from the television show "Pawn Stars" have/will be opening a shoppping plaza with some restaurants in it? Just some recommendations.

Carcounter
Video Poker Master

Post by Carcounter »

I play .50 Super Double Bonus and 1.00 9/6 Jacks, exclusively at Borgata . Single line, except on a day when they have a 5x multiplier, then take a shot at 1.00 triple play 9/6 jacks. Keeps me in the game all year, although this year, down 5k so far. Have had +10-15k years in the past, but on better games (All American,9/5 Double Joker), which are now gone. Favorite time was taking a shot at 1.00 10 play 9/6 jacks at Bellagio years ago. Played for hours and wound up + 100 dollars, but got a S###load of free play and other offers. Back when Bellagio first opened in what 1998/99?

FloridaPhil
Video Poker Master

Post by FloridaPhil »

[quote=MCPoker] I need a hobby since I will be semi-retired in a couple of years. Could video poker be my hobby?[/quote]Bob Dancer is right, after you hit a big jackpot it's very easy to think it's going to continue forever.  This happened to me and I had to learn the hard way.  Take $5,000 of your winnings and play quarters.  You'll be a lot happier in the long run and you won't have to worry about IRS audits.   A $20,000 out of the blue royal is a once in a lifetime event for most players.  Enjoy your win and don't give it back.   Video Poker can be a cruel mistress.

onemoretry
Video Poker Master

Post by onemoretry »

I like to play multiline.

About 45% of my play is on 5 line 50c, 30% on 50 line nickels, 15% on 3,5 or 10 line quarters, 5% on single line quarters, and 5% on triple line dollars.

alpax
Video Poker Master

Post by alpax »

DaBurglar best of luck to you if you do go to Las Vegas in December. Have you given any thought to attending one of Bob Dancer's sessions at South Point if he has one scheduled?

Bob Dancer gave bankroll parameters; are you following them? Are you planning on seeing any shows when you're there? How about dining, any restaurants on your to do list? I understand those fellows from the television show "Pawn Stars" have/will be opening a shoppping plaza with some restaurants in it? Just some recommendations.

Unfortunately the semester of courses at the SouthPoint ended last week. I heard Mr. Dancer is available for consultation for $250/hour for 2 hours minimum.

daily_double
Forum Regular

Post by daily_double »

For the past year and a half I have been playing $1.00 single line 8/5 Bonus poker 99.9 % of the time. Once in a great while I will play 50c single line 8/5 Super Double Double Bonus. It's all going to change next year though as I plan on reversing these percentages.