Trip Report

Discussion about gambling in Atlantic City
JIMDUECE`SWILD
Video Poker Master

Re: Trip Report

Post by JIMDUECE`SWILD »

The Bonus Deuces game, although it returns about .7% less than Super double Bonus, which at 99.69% is the best game at Borgata, is less volatile. seems you get more play for your investment and therefore more chances to hit a big hand. But I will go back to SDB next time. I can't help myself but to play the game with the highest payback percentage.   What I like about Bonus Deuces, Deuces & Jokers, Super Bonus Deuces
wild is when the wild cards are coming up frequently and you are getting
winning hands it helps to build your Comp Dollars. When I play I'll start out on 25¢. If the wild cards are coming around and I'm getting winning hands I'll raise my bet to 50¢.  Last month I was playing Deuces & Jokers Wild . I was having a good session ( at 25¢ )and I was considering to raise it to 50¢. I thought I'll give it a few more hand and see what kind of hands I'll get. 3 hands later I was dealt  Deuces, A junk card, Joker, a junk card,Deuces, I don't remember what the junk cards were. On the draw I got the other 2 Deuces for $2500

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

Deuces & Jokers Wild. I was having a good session at 25¢ and considering to raise it to 50¢. I thought I'll give it a few more
hand and see what hands I'll get. 3 hands later I was dealt 
Deuces, junk card, Joker, junk card, Deuces, I don't remember the junk. I got the other 2 Deuces for $2500.--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Congratulations. I am unfamiliar with that game. Double randomness; variance must be a red flag. Perfect day. Spin, win, grin, ditch the din.

Carcounter
Video Poker Master

Post by Carcounter »

If anyone likes 5 wilds game, the Tropicana has a 5 Joker game with a progressive for the 5 wilds. resets at 1K, but have seen it go as high as $4,700. Not bad for a .25 game. Base game at reset is approx. 99.6 %, but is frequently over 100%. Low volatility too. Only 4 or 5 machines as I recall, so hard to get on at times.

JIMDUECE`SWILD
Video Poker Master

Post by JIMDUECE`SWILD »

Thanks for the info. I'll check it out this weekend.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

Getting lucky at Tropicana is among the rarest of feats.

DaBurglar
Video Poker Master

Post by DaBurglar »

If anyone likes 5 wilds game, the Tropicana has a 5 Joker game with a progressive for the 5 wilds. resets at 1K, but have seen it go as high as $4,700. Not bad for a .25 game. Base game at reset is approx. 99.6 %, but is frequently over 100%. Low volatility too. Only 4 or 5 machines as I recall, so hard to get on at times.Hey, has the TROP in anyway altered (i.e. "improved")  the earning potential for these 5 or 6 machines?     As I seem to recall, back in 2011, even as the Trop still offered normal point & comps earning rates for all its other VP machines, these 5 or 6 "Five Joker Poker" games did not earn the player full comps or benefits.......  Is that still the case, or has it changed?Otherwise, from a purely Bankroll-centric point of view, these games are indeed one of the best ways to preserve your money and allow you to play for a LONG LONG LONG time, possibly winning something good the longer you play!

Carcounter
Video Poker Master

Post by Carcounter »

I think the 5 joker games do not accept free play. I never worry about that because I only play them when I have a limited bankroll and need to play a long session. Sometimes $100 will last you hours.

farc
Forum Regular

Post by farc »

Last trip to borgata I lost five thousand and change. When I got my statement I was given 40 slot dollars! Contacted my host who told me about the differences between video poker and slot machines. Of course I know all of that but insisted that my average bet was about $15. He deposited 50 slot dollars into my account because I am "loyal". This really gives me pause..I play a third of that at taj and get twice the slot dollars. I won't stay at the taj anymore but may play there. Borgata, don't get carried away..you are fancy but not the only game in town and bang for the buck is still a strong concept.

doris13
Video Poker Master

Post by doris13 »

farc,i stayed at borgata march 1st -3rd,played mostly quarter triple play vp and some slots.when i checked my account after i got home i saw i only made $10.on the 2nd i went over to caesar's and played quarter triple poker for about an hour and a half and made $7 cash back and walked out of there $1700 ahead.guess where i'm doing 95% of my vp play.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

Congratulations Doris. Caesars has indeed seemed to regain its mojo. I feel that it will only be as matter of time before that heavenly four digit winning hand graces me with its presence.