TDB Hold Question

Discuss proper hold strategies and "advantage play" and ask questions about how to improve your play.
FloridaPhil
Video Poker Master

Re: TDB Hold Question

Post by FloridaPhil »

[quote=onemoretry] I disagree. There are many, many, people who are not professionals or
strategy sellers who, nevertheless care about pay tables, game returns,
"correct" playing strategies, etc.[/quote]All good players care about those things.  The question is should you ever make an adjustment to the "correct" strategy to fit your own individual goals and desires. I think you should as long as you understand the ramifications and why you are doing it.  Some players like me will sacrifice a few cents once in a while to take a shot at a jackpot. If you hit it you're a hero.  If not, you lost a few cents.  No big deal as far as I'm concerned.

onemoretry
Video Poker Master

Post by onemoretry »

All good players care about those things.  The question is should you ever make an adjustment to the "correct" strategy to fit your own individual goals and desires. I think you should as long as you understand the ramifications and why you are doing it.  Some players like me will sacrifice a few cents once in a while to take a shot at a jackpot. If you hit it you're a hero.  If not, you lost a few cents.  No big deal as far as I'm concerned.

When you state it that way, I totally agree.

doris13
Video Poker Master

Post by doris13 »

i love tdb.i play triple poker quarters and go between ddb and tdb.i've hit enough bonus quads with kickers to keep me coming back.