Harrahs AC

Discussion about gambling in Atlantic City
jetermacaw
VP Veteran

Harrahs AC

Post by jetermacaw »

So this past Thursday was one of my best days ever. It was like the fixed button was pointed at me all day. Caught 2 royals playing QQs was was great because the QQs were few, then moved over to Super Triple Play [ no short coin players this week ] and caught a slew of 4oak. All hits were 5c, 5 hand.

doris13
Video Poker Master

Post by doris13 »

nice hits jeter wtg!

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

Yep jeter, I would say that it was a very good day for you. Seeing dealt quads just puts a player in a good mood and throw in a couple royals makes it even better.

opalineopaline

Post by opalineopaline »

Sweet!

DaBurglar
Video Poker Master

Post by DaBurglar »

I've been gone a good week and I have my own report to give, a good one this time, and I will do so soon....but in the meantime, nice hits jeter.I'll ask again, what was the total overall result for the day/session/trip etc etc?What did you achieve or score (or accomplish) last year during all your AC trips (I assume almost all of which were to Harrahs)???    I'd really like to know, as would others I am sure.....

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

Nope DaBurglar, I think it's just you who would really like to know.

DaBurglar
Video Poker Master

Post by DaBurglar »

Nope DaBurglar, I think it's just you who would really like to know. Oh I see......hmmmmm......Tell me, why is this "info" such a total fckng secret?   What's the problem here?   Seriously, what's the problem?I'll answer my own question:   Because in fact....no wait, POINT OF FACT , the overall profitability of the "session" (or day, or trip, or whatever the FLIP term you want) is negative.....meaning, ya lost.   Just like most people......when you add it up at the end of the day (or night or whatever), despite all these nice alleged hits ya caught (and they DO look nice I am not afraid to say), the negative exceeds the positive.    <cue Bruce Hornsby> "That's just the way it is....some things will never change!"Now there's no shame in that, no big deal.......we are SUPPOSED TO LOSE, especially crappy games with crappy paytables like the ones shown.    So what?   Everyone experiences the same thing, same result........minor deviations and fluctuations insinuate once in a while, but over time, everyone loses........so why not admit it?Ya See, I have to believe (and again I am CERTAIn, 100% CERTAIN I am NOT ALONE on this either) that people here TEND to emphasize the modicum of BIG positive hits they get in a session while completely ignoring or glossing over the majority of LOSSES.     Otherwise, if you are PROFITABLE you'd say so and quantify it (not in exact terms perhaps, but BALLPARK.)   Yessiree, BALLPARK!    Just like YOU DO TED     

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

For once can you just be happy for the person and not stick your nose into THEIR BUSINESS?

DaBurglar
Video Poker Master

Post by DaBurglar »

For once can you just be happy for the person and not stick your nose into THEIR BUSINESS?Ok. I'm lost again......"Sticking my nose in his ......BUSINESS?"     Once again, DISGUSTING TED!!!   Gahhhh, what in theee hell is the matter with you?     I mean.....oh wait a sec....er, oh dear.....ok nevermind.     Let me regroup here......<ahem>Who said I was unhappy?   Asking questions, even specific ones, is not an indication of non-happy sentiment.   But of course, I must ask you this follow up question:  If you are imploring me to "be happy" for him, WHY would I be happy for him when he has in fact LOST overall?     I have already indicated my pleasure with the POSITIVE HITS he has chosen to display........all he must do now is complete to WHOLE picture, the REAL picture, and I will adjust my sentiments accordingly.How is my nose in anyone's business?    Suppose he tells me his total loss for the trip like I requested....or perhaps, even his TOTAL profit (yes I will allow for the POSSIBLE existence of a small overall POSITIVE finish here.....).......then what?      How am I sticking my nose in his "Business" simply knowing what he won or lost, to the nearest dollar?     Who do you think I am, "the man"? (a.k.a.   the IRS)

alpax
Video Poker Master

Post by alpax »

Awesome hits, almost got two royals in the first one. Thanks for sharing.