Single line $ vs. three play .25

Discuss proper hold strategies and "advantage play" and ask questions about how to improve your play.
FAA
Video Poker Master

Re: Single line $ vs. three play .25

Post by FAA »

low volatility may give you a good option when your DDB timing is not good.-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------DDB variance is 41. When is the timing ever good? It's catching lightning in a bottle.

Mr.Dawes

Post by Mr.Dawes »

low volatility may give you a good option when your DDB timing is not good.-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------DDB variance is 41. When is the timing ever good? It's catching lightning in a bottle.

It is rare, but occasionally it happens. On my last trip I hit 4 sets of quads in 12 minutes, including Aces no kicker twice.The opposite is more common though. Two trips ago I lost $550 playing quarter single hand max coin before I hit a set of quads.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

MD, you have a strong constitution and deep pockets. If I lose $55 on JOB, it is an abysmal day.

Mr.Dawes

Post by Mr.Dawes »

MD, you have a strong constitution and deep pockets. If I lose $55 on JOB, it is an abysmal day.Funny, but no I don't have either. I have been on an uncanny lucky streak that I will probably jinx by mentioning. I hit two royals and Aces with a kicker in about 5,000 hands and have been playing off those winnings for quite a while. Since almost all my play is DDB the streaks have been crazy. Every time I get down to almost even I have a couple of good streaks and get ahead again. The IP in Biloxi recently brought back 9/6 JoB at the quarter level. I will begin mixing in some play there to hopefully steady out the variance in my play.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

I have been on an uncanny lucky streak. Two royals and Aces/kicker in about 5,000 hands
and have been playing off winnings for quite a while. Since
almost all my play is DDB the streaks have been crazy. Every time I get
down to almost even I have a couple of good streaks and get ahead again.
The IP in Biloxi recently brought back 9/6 JoB at the quarter level. I
will begin mixing in some play there to hopefully steady out the
variance in my play.--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Fortunately, I know what you mean. As a JOB low roller, I played 2015 at CET on a January RF and still finished the year a few bucks ahead there. I recommend quarter 9/6 JOB. I guess IP missed that grinder business and brought it back! Steady for me. You should be a calmer person during play. I only max bet 20% of the time, so the losses don't add up that much. 

Lucky Larry
Video Poker Master

Post by Lucky Larry »

"Timing, timing, timing" is like "location, location, location".
I guess because I play so many hands of DW / DWB I can get a sense of the rhythm of the game and know whether I'm getting the normal hits. I have no such comfort with DDB whereas, Sweet C plays mostly DDB and has an uncanny knack for hitting Aces. Most recently AWAK holding an Ace on $play after moving up from 25¢, to 50¢ then $ as she felt she was in the zone. She had hit Aces on each of the previous denominations.