monthly contest

Why do you play video poker? What is your favorite game and why?
JaxSax
Forum Rookie

Re: monthly contest

Post by JaxSax »

I agree with you wholeheartedly Mare2548. It's my favorite and hope it never changes.     

FloridaPhil
Video Poker Master

Post by FloridaPhil »

I switched to Gold last year so I could play against other players.  I play most mornings when the same people are on-line.  You get to know them a little and sometimes chat.  It's a lot of fun even though you'll never win any money doing it.  I don't play the contests because it seems you'll never catch the leaders.  I hit a 4AwK and a royal one morning playing DDB once, but that was about it.   I think you need to hit multiple royals to win one of those. 

Mr.Dawes

Post by Mr.Dawes »

Another vote in favor of classic single line. I have only finished in the top 100 once, but I like it anyway. Interesting that webman says there are only an average of 3,000 to 6,000 players. I would have guessed a lot more.

onemoretry
Video Poker Master

Post by onemoretry »

I  I think you need to hit multiple royals to win one of those. 

That is absolutely right. I have been luck enough to finish in the top ten of the monthly contest twice.

Both times, I had hit two royals, and both times I needed another one to actually contend for first place.

modem1
Forum Rookie

Post by modem1 »

Being dealt a royal is the best way to win. I have been dealt royals twice, won once and am currently in first place this week - which can change at any time.   Its quite a rush to see the dealt royal!

onemoretry
Video Poker Master

Post by onemoretry »

Being dealt a royal is the best way to win.
That's right for multiline games. The monthly contest is single line, so a royal counts just the once, whether it's dealt or drawn.