Trip Report 2Q Onward

Discussion about gambling in Atlantic City
FAA
Video Poker Master

Re: Trip Report 2Q Onward

Post by FAA »

June swoon in full swing. I finally returned to the charming little town on the ocean, and should have bought a blanket and turned beet red instead of inviting VP frustration. The morning was great. I won $50 VP off $25 FP. Then a lovely gentleman repeated a five for $25 on more FP. I walked to Tropicana for lunch. But a cancer bike marathon had tons of food on tables. After asking, I loaded up and ate healthy. Trop high roller room was being moved to a much busier venue. I bit the bullet and played some 8/5 quarter JOB. Trop is much too cruel. This marked the first time that I was dealt a flush which was also four to a RF. So, bye six bucks. It didn't pan out. I finally hit a $19 quad for a $5 net machine loss. Walk of shame back to Caesars, grabbing more food. I then lost $62 in two brutal hours. My first machine was a $50 ice box. Two subsequent victims also got clobbered on it. My next machine yielded a two coin quad. My last machine was $550 coin in torture. Figure 650 plus quad free hands. Arriving home $13 poorer than when I left. No discipline. The quad frenzy always prevails. Maybe I should have hopped on DB's Bally's gravy train.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

My last 2Q trip was a mixed bag. I am hustling out of town with a $6 win after trip cost. I turned $25 FP into $21. Then I lost it plus $17. I won $25 rolling myself a fast seven on craps with $25 table FP! Then I lost $18 of that. My JOB Progressive was $1,127, so I banged away in heat while I was alone. As it happens, I was VP's beech. No quad after over $300 coin in, or five hundred hands. I then took a cool off walk to Tropicana for lunch. My PM Caesars session actually was a sizable winner. I slid into the middle machine between two hardcore ladies. I started with $20, per Phil. It seemed responsive, so I stayed aggressive. Quad eights at max coin. Cashed out with $58. It would have been preferable to simply retain my $46 in initial winnings! But that is why they call it gambling. Reporting live from the speedboat saturated scorching shore, this is the ever intrepid FAA.

jetermacaw
VP Veteran

Post by jetermacaw »

Frank M, hope you enjoy Knife and Fork.

DaBurglar
Video Poker Master

Post by DaBurglar »

FAA.....good effort with these reports.Do you actually LIVE in AC itself or surrounding area???

jetermacaw
VP Veteran

Post by jetermacaw »

I think FAA is from Brooklyn.

DaBurglar
Video Poker Master

Post by DaBurglar »

I think FAA is from Brooklyn.Ah, right......my bad.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

Great AC day Sat. I won $28 w $25 voucher. But machine felt hot. $51 cash
out; max quad. Hit craps table with $25 table voucher. I took out a buck
insurance for better coverage. Guy rolled four; felt doomed. Then he
repeats it! A nice long lunch break got me away from further risk.
Like swallows, eventually back to Caesars to tempt fate. Put in $15, down to $6. Then $37; fourth
Jack for a second max quad! $97
win, $77 net trip. Vamos! Sunday yielded poor results. I won $22 with the voucher and even rolled myself the necessary six point for another $25. Added $47 to my modest $40 roll. But I broke bad; left for lunch with $29. Used freebie ATM for $60 on lunch break. I did okay again in PM session, another full pay quad. But quarter play was boring. Progressive was a chintzy $1,035 Sat and $1,040 Sun. Ultimate X machines and patrons behind me were too loud and obnoxious, to be expected on a holiday weekend. I hit a quiet area for dollar JOB. My $92 became $22 in forty minutes. I varied the bets between one and three dollars. Then a three dollar bet yielded $75 with the beloved quad. Dangerous, yet exhilirating. It happened to pay off. You must Martingdale it ever so mildly on these just to get slightly in the black! I made five bucks off the damn machine, but thrilled. Eighteen TCs are great for me.I notice in my limited play that the quads seem to show up earlier on dollar machines than quarter. Just remain composed for an hour. Don't Brexit. If I triple my normal bankroll, I just may may do okay here. I shared my break even elation with a guy two machines away. He did $10 a hand and said he finally broke evenly on a recent session with a $2,000 RF. I eagerly cashed out and sought to relax at the Pier. I saw a white ticket dangling from a VP slot and snatched it. Five dollars! Parlay, perhaps? I hit a full house and cashed out with $12. I considered staying 6.5 more hours; 11 PM $28,000 Dodge Charger drawing! But this minor cheap thrill luck put me at -$11 net of trip w Rev minus Cost formula. Good enough.   Bonus Story: Walked through High Limit room and saw a $17,000 slot win. I said, "Holy crap." A pretty blonde on an adjacent bank smiled and continued to casually feed her machine $100s. I said, "This wouldn't be yours, is it?" She said yes and I congratulated her.     

KingofAmerica
Forum Regular

Post by KingofAmerica »

You realize you could be arrested for taking a TITO like that, right? It wasn't yours.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

A frustrating trip yesterday. I won $20 from $25 FP at Bally's. Determined to chase a quad of course. By the time it came $300 coin in later or 425 hands, I was getting fed up. It cost me $2 of the $20 win. Lunch at Last Resorts. The strikers next door were a blight in the shadow of Hard Rock Cafe and Margaritaville. Nobody seemed terribly concerned amidst the fun and sun. Back at Bally's I pursued another quad. I was dealt four Jacks early on and left with a $35 win from the brief session. Then I simply got cocky and chased trouble. At Caesars the Progressive was $1,001. I should have stayed away just on principle. I won a two coin quad and of course opted to move to the adjacent machine. I lost $80 on this machine. The one I left yielded record results in my memory. A Straight Flush and three quads, $156 in premium hands! Plus the chain smoking woman's smoke drifted to me on the end, where I had moved. I took a break, not wanting to leave town in such dire straits. I stayed an extra ninety minutes and won back $48 of the $80. $11 net loss after trip cost. Sick to my stomach at having moved. I would have at least broken even on the machine and had a nice positive day. I had to choose the ice box and endure its misery. None of this is earning much comp, since it is full pay quarters.

notes1
Video Poker Master

Post by notes1 »

the 2nd floor at caesars is non smoking.