Oct 1 2007 trip

Did you hit any jackpots? Did you get a great comp? We all want to know!
MikeA
Video Poker Master

Oct 1 2007 trip

Post by MikeA »

Just got back from Vegas.  We took my brother-in-law and his wife out there for their first trip to Vegas.  We knew going out there that our time on the machines and tables would depend on the needs of our "guests" for the trip.  And, we did spend far less time "playing" than normal.  We stayed at the Las Vegas Club on Fremont this trip.  The room was huge (North Tower) though it could have used some refurbishing.  Still, for the price is was a good deal.Vegas Club has at least put in some "99% Payback" Video Poker.  Actually, they must round the percentages UPWARDS because I don't think I saw any game that was actually 99%+.  Still, it was better than it used to be and still is on most of their machines.  Plaza (owned by the same people) has the same advertising scheme going on with the 99% games.The only two full pay machines I played were at Silverton and Texas Station.  I broke even during the short session at Silverton (quarters) but lost my butt at Texas Station on the Optimum Play machines.  I did hit several Wild Royals, but I'm still dry on the Naturals.  I played mostly quarters and dimes at Texas Station.  I concentrated on DB, DDB and DW this trip.  However, I do admit that I played Triple Double Bonus on a nickel machine (Vegas Club) but I don't think I ever got anything better than a full house while playing it.  A couple of sessions at Main Street Station on a DB 100% machine where I lost on 2 $25 sessions and recovered it on a third session.It was hard to believe that these older full-pay machines were sitting empty while short-pay machines were mostly in use all the time!  MSS does have a huge variety of VP offered to their clientèle. I supplemented my Video Poker loses with quite a bit of $5 Blackjack at 4-Queens and Plaza.  Double Deck in both places but 4-Queens doesn't allow double after split and they only let you split aces once.  I did play one session down at El Cortez (Single Deck) and did quite well.Overall, I came home with $125 less than I went out there with!  Chump change!  But if I broke it down, I was down all on VP and just didn't quite win as much to offset it with Blackjack.  One of these days, I'll turn the VP train wrecks around.  "I'm Due" 

Eduardo
Video Poker Master

Post by Eduardo »

Wow sounds like a fun trip any way. You went to a lot of places!

What kind of VP machines did you play on?

MikeA
Video Poker Master

Post by MikeA »

Wow sounds like a fun trip any way. You went to a lot of places!

What kind of VP machines did you play on?At Main Street Station, I was playing on a quarter Double Bonus machine (10/7 full pay).  At Texas Station, they were Optimum Play full pay machines.  All games were full pay on these.  I played quarter DB, DDB and FPDW.Silverton was quarter full pay DB but it was a multi game machine.I can't remember the others. 

wilcoxfun

Post by wilcoxfun »

What did brother in law and his wife think about Vegas? 

You had a nice little vacation when you end up just a small amount down. Best trip I had was coming home only a $100 down and that was including shows, food, hotel and airfare.