fooled by number of players

Discuss the latest contests, contest strategies, and scores!
mammajamma

fooled by number of players

Post by mammajamma »

Very often when I join a challenge, even though it says there are 1 or more "seats" left, I find that all of the positions are already filled, all with scores or some not having been played yet.Should I even bother to play this challenge? Will i be charged with a forfeit if I don't?Why is the challenge still up for grabs then?

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

If you accept the challenge and do not play, it will be a forfeit.It sounds like maybe you are filling the last seat, if it is full when you join, or the other seats are filled by the time you get in to the game. Filled spots include all people who have accepted, whether they have started playing or not. The spot is reserved as soon as you click accept.

mammajamma

Post by mammajamma »

One scenario may be that the challenge might state 3 out of 4 seats are filled. So, I join and immediately see that all 4 seats have been taken (not one by me) and all have completed scores, so they weren't joining the same second that I was. This has happened often.So, if I go ahead and play since I was accepted, do I remain part of the challenge which now has 5 players?

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

When you start a challenge, you are asked how many opponents you would like to have. So the player who starts the challenge is not counted in the number of opponents.If it says 3/4 that means 3 out of 4 opponents for the original player have accepted. But there will be a total of 5 players including the challenger. If you join, you become the 4th opponent of 4 and there are a total of 5 players.Any time you accept a challenge, you should complete it if it lets you in.

mammajamma

Post by mammajamma »

Yes, that explains it to me. Thanks.