Jacks or Better

Discuss proper hold strategies and "advantage play" and ask questions about how to improve your play.
lindyjohn
Forum Rookie

Jacks or Better

Post by lindyjohn »

I have read all the options for playing JB video poker but can not seem to hit many winning hands?

alpax
Video Poker Master

Post by alpax »

You get paid about 45% of time, break even (high pair) and profit (2 pairs and better), I would say that is a fair occurrence.

DAAnMAAn
VP Veteran

Post by DAAnMAAn »

Video Poker, even the low variant version, Jacks or Better, is a variant game with highs and lows. Some sessions you will hit many winning hands, some sessions you will hit few if any winning hands, and most sessions are somewhere in between.      If you are putting in, say, $20 a pop playing .25c single line JOB, you will have several sessions of not hitting many winning hands, dare say, some sessions of no winning hands, As you increase session bankroll, so you increase opportunities to hit the winning hands. If your session bankroll is, say, $200 a pop, playing single line .25c JOB, you should hit more winning hands a session, but video poker like life, there are no guarantees. Statistically speaking playing optimum strategy, you should hit a 4 of a kind once in 423 hands, a straight flush once in 9148 hands, and a royal once in 40,390 hands.Good luck to you

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

It's my favorite game. You supply no info, just a complaint. Don't panic until you have five straight losing sessions. Even then you're just a victim of variance.