round 2

Discussion about gambling in Atlantic City
FAA
Video Poker Master

Re: round 2

Post by FAA »

Harrah's AC has not treated me well when my play exceeds two hours. But at least I get some respite from the other players during my travails. I really believe the sweet spot is an hour of play a day. Minimal if any losses and plenty of time to enjoy the city. Problem is my willpower broke down amidst all the jackpot photos on display. I know that I'll never keep up with the Joneses of the forum. But I do want another RF this year. 

paco13
VP Veteran

Post by paco13 »

FAA, I think if it weren't for the pics on this forum I wouldn't remember what a Royal looks like.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

You're a low frequency visitor, so that's understandable. Regulars want that jackpot jolt more than once a year. With frequent visits, expectations do rise exponentially. I'm giving each machine an hour. Produce or vamoose. Don't give it the chance to go cold on you!

paco13
VP Veteran

Post by paco13 »

I may only visit AC once in a blue moon but I do visit Mount Airy just about every weekend for the Super Bonus free play promotion on Sundays. Onyx level player. Normally play for about 4 or 5 hours each visit. I go about 2am Saturday night/Sun Morning and get my FRI/Sat free play. Then @ 6:00am Sunday the Sunday FP + the SB FP registers. Believe me, I'm due a Royal or 2. LOL

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

Oh, I see. Major play elsewhere; quite a MA routine. If I play four hours, I have lost over $100 and am mad as hell. As frequently as I go, it's a shame to be accorded such puny comps. I really must switch to dollar 9/6 JOB to move the meter.Playing all day for 20-25 TC is absurd. The cardinal rule is never to chase comps. But with equal odds, all I need is a bigger bankroll. In fact, premium hands appear slightly more frequently at higher denoms. I do run the risk of losing my shirt, of course. 

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

Wear 2 shirts then FAA. Kidding, kidding.....

paco13
VP Veteran

Post by paco13 »

They can't draw blood from a stone. Go Naked!

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

More Caesars suffering yesterday. I was determined to start with dollar JOB. I won $10 from $25 FP. Recycled that, then inserted $100. It shrank to $21. It rose to about $52. Then I hit my quad, less than an hour in and min coin. I cashed out with $77. I won $25 from craps FP. Back to VP, but this time I relented and hit the quarter machines. I lost $100 in two hours; one or two minor quads. Progressive was only $1,015, hardly incentive to play these 9/6. They play worse than 6/5 in practice. Lunch; $100 ATM. More dollar JOB. I lost $80 in another two hours. My conclusion: dollar JOB the entire visit. I lose $40 an hour on either bank without a quad bailout. Dollar play, comps quickly accrue. They ran a heavily publicized Cleopatra Celebration promo. Ominously, hers was a tragic story. Each hour, five winners got free spins in the high limit room. $2,000 guaranteed minimum win. A brunette in a gold lame mini dress read names from the lobby. I carefully monitored the video screens and PA system at 1, 2, 3, 5, 6, and 7 PM. No luck. I prayed for a snake bite to put me out of my misery. I lost $12 at Bally's to boot. Reporting from debtors prison on a smuggled device, this is FAA.