CET-AC

Discussion about gambling in Atlantic City
notes1
Video Poker Master

CET-AC

Post by notes1 »

I will not be there, but got an email that the three CET properties are having a FOUR TIMES BOUNCEBACK, on august 21.

with as little as I go there, would guess many would get this promotion, do not know the rules.

doris13
Video Poker Master

Post by doris13 »

i got that too notes but i stay away from AC in the summertime;too hot,too crowded,and too much jersey shore traffic on the parkway.

jetermacaw
VP Veteran

Post by jetermacaw »

I got it too, no way traveling down there on a weekend in the summer. Horrifying.

DaBurglar
Video Poker Master

Post by DaBurglar »

If you can manage to leave from wherever you are traveling early enough, and get into AC before 1030 AM on typical Saturday's in the summer months, then I have found its not too bad, but as Jeter stated, if you leave later than that it can be Horrific.....Another possible strategy for anyone wanting to get to AC for a weekend is to simply wait and leave from whereever you are at a VERY late hour, like after 10pm on a Friday or Saturday.......this is no where near as foolproof as the EARLY Morning strategy, but it is a lot better than leaving in the middle of the day or during primetime in the summer (i.e. between 11am and 8pm)!Of course I do not live in NJ and when I travel to AC it is obviously by Bus and my own personal 4 wheels.....My point of reference is traveling the distance from the NYC port Authority all the way down to AC on Greyhound.    And over the past 7 plus years I have learned that on Saturdays during Summertime, (and Sundays too, although Sundays are not QUITE as nasty as Saturdays unless it is the 4th of July or Labor day)  if I leave on the 7:30 or 8Am scheduled BUS out of the NYC Port Authority I typically encounter only light traffic most of the way and the trip takes its normal, usual 2 hours and 15-20 minutes........if you depart NYC after 9am on Saturdays in the summer, forget it, you are  looking at anywhere from adding a minimum of 45 minutes to nearly 2 hours MORE to the trip, depending on volume of Summertime AC traffic you encounter, whether there are any breakdowns or accidents, and how good a driver you have on your Greyhound bus!Likewise, if you can manage and tolerate it, leaving the NYC port Authority on the 10:30 pm thru Midnight buses scheduled for AC, you will generally make it to AC in the usual 2 hours and 20 minutes or so.......sometimes I used to do this in the summer, I'd leave NYC on the 11pm bus, get into Ballys around 1:30am Saturday or Sunday, and spend the next 12 hours playing poker or video poker until l I can check in to my room after 1pm ..... I have not done this though in a LONG time, over a couple years ago......

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

Total words written by the first 3 posters = 85

Words written by DaBurglar in his post = 481

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

If we got through your notebooks, will we find pages where you wrote othErs Da Burglar over and over?
I enjoy your posts much more than some other people's, but this one is damn close to stalking.

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

DaBurglar has a habit of rambling on in his posts, I'm betting he's one of those people who likes to hear themselves talk. I doubt he will ever master saying more with few words than saying less with more.

I keep no such notebooks but I have a better than average memory.

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

I'm not a fan of his, but when someone makes an informative post,it's not the time to ridicule them.
There are plenty of obnoxious posts to attack.

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

When you read his post you will find that all the necessary information was contained in the first paragraph.

DaBurglar
Video Poker Master

Post by DaBurglar »

If we got through your notebooks, will we find pages where you wrote othErs Da Burglar over and over?
I enjoy your posts much more than some other people's, but this one is damn close to stalking.Thanks for noticing that much at least.......he's been doing it for years and always has some pathetic justification for it, always has a reason for his weird, ridiculous behavior......That's fine you are not a "fan", I could really care less, as I am sure YOU care less about what I think of you.......here's a tip for both of you......SKIP my posts altogether.   How about that?   Why is THAT so hard?<now ted will respond with some self righteous, absurd justification about why he cannot just SKIP my posts but instead MUST somehow save the rest of the forum from me and my "wordiness">He just buries himself with every additional post he makes about me.......