Resorts AC is next....

Discussion about gambling in Atlantic City
DaBurglar
Video Poker Master

Resorts AC is next....

Post by DaBurglar »

With the TAJ biting the dust, Resorts AC is now in deep trouble......literally they are now all alone on that end of the Boardwalk, a once heavily trafficked area with the now doomed Steel Pier probably closing with the TAJ.I am betting Mohegan is kicking themselves for even getting involved in AC now with Resorts.......My bet is they keep Resorts alive thru next summer, see what they get with the new scene minus the TAJ, and then evaluate after Labor day 2017.....unless Mohegan puts a huge marketing campaign together, I do not see Resorts making up the lost foot traffic and spillover from a shuttered Taj.    Too bad too, they were starting to make small but consistent steps in the right direction.AC's luck is totally gone, sucked dry by all the incompetence and greed and stupidity that has passed thru that city since 2001......

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

Couldn't happen to a nicer outfit than MS. They do pretty good at cleaning players out. Olds has recent mojo, but it is decades overdue. If somebody had to be collateral damage, better them than a Boyd imo. I enjoy spending time at Resorts. Of course I eschew the gambling. The beach ball promo is a lot of fun. Most common physical prize is sunscreen. The most common prize overall is an entry to their September 24 $50,000 giveaway. We know how that goes.    

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

I finally cracked the winner's circle with their latest promo. I won a pair of sunglasses yesterday! It was just too humid at 75% to patronize the beach. I'm hoping for a day with under 50% humidity.