Skunk

Talk about your new shoes, new car, or UFO's!
pah0106
Forum Regular

Re: Skunk

Post by pah0106 »

True story, Last summer a skunk came through my Mom and Dads doggy door and made his way into the back bedroom.  They shut the door, called animal contol...they came along with two sheriff cars....three hours later no luck.   My dad built a ramp from the floor to a open window.......five days later the little critter left.....it was a chore to get rid of the smell!

chuck arl

Post by chuck arl »

I think a skunk sat on my triple play machine last night @ Sunset Station because the results really stunk!!!---CWA---

MikeA
Video Poker Master

Post by MikeA »

I have not seen the polecat.  Thankfully, I have not smelled him either.  No reason to unless a opossum made him uncomfortable.  He's inside a fenced in backyard and well dug in under our swimming pool deck.  Yet, I've seen fresh sign any time I scoop sand in to partially cover the exit hole.  He (or probably She) digs out.  I dumped in about a half box of moth balls and the next morning, about half of them were on the ground beside the hole.I think that I'm going to contract a cement worker to come out and pump cement in the holes to fill in the space between the bottom of the concrete deck and the ground where the sand and fill dirt must have washed out or settled.  That will take care of two problems at once.

marie meijer
Video Poker Master

Post by marie meijer »

Just when everyone is relieved an over-exposed topic has died, along comes a revival! We are painfully aware MI skunks are out of hibernation. This fact and seeing this topic reminded me of a funny story. Friends in a rural, country setting, next to a railroad-converted-to-nature trail, were telling everyone how unbearable their skunk problem had become. They could not even open their windows at night! Finally, one wise person asked if they had sensor lights. Problem solved. The skunks would enter their yard at night and set off the sensor lights. The lights would startle and set off the skunks doing what they do best! End of sensor lights and skunk problem. Hey, if this helps ONE person...and it's a green thing, too!