Winning but harrowing Trip to AC

Did you hit any jackpots? Did you get a great comp? We all want to know!
BOOPSAHOY
Video Poker Master

Winning but harrowing Trip to AC

Post by BOOPSAHOY »

Arrived at the Taj around 10:30 and checked in. Room not ready but thats OK as we want to hit the floor. We have decided that single line JW and 3 line STP are killers if you dont have a big bankroll so we hit the ddb machines. We get down to just our cashback really quickly. Then my  husband hit 5 or 6 4oak's (2's, 3's, 4's!)in a short period of time and then he hits a Royal. I decide to try Shockwave poker. Its paybacks on fullhouses and straights and flushes are great. 10 coins in (maxbet) 50, 70, 100 coins. I start hitting fullhouses 1 after the other and cash out for around 200. I hit the shockwave mode 2x but no luck. Then I get dealt AD JD 10D-and hit deal and there it is- a $2000 Royal! Im all shook up so we go to eat at the Maharajah Club and I ahve an AMaretto Sour to calm me down-sigh So now we move to STP since we are way ahead. We hit nothing exciting with the multiplier but dear hubby gets another Royal! And he gets 4 aces 2x. Still we get up only ahead the royal money, leaving behind our original investment. We then play some 1 line dollar DDB and get a few small hits and a shot at 4 aces (dealt 3)  but we lose what we decided to invest and go to the room. Had sme grub and watched a movie. Sunday morning is killing us. We play a little 1 line Joker Wild and get up and run to the DDB machines and we couldnt do anything. We end up playing triple play JW together at one machine. We played down to being only up a few hundred. We get our bonus cash and still cant recoup. Then dear dear hubby says, heres one more 20 but lets leave winners and what do you know-dealt 4 jacks! Yep- got the 5 jacks. got up and ran to get the car and leave. Now comes the harrowing part-get in the car and for some reason the valets always put down the window and now it wont go up. As we begin to drive hubby says-hey the speedometers not working-okaaaaaaaaaay-thats not good...oh and no turn signals. AH CRAP! We start to drive home to  Brooklyn hoping to stop at some gas staton with a mechanic-none on duty anywhere. So we drive and we get to the Staten Island Expressway and the car STOPS! 2 lanes in!!!!! (oh we drove with the window 1/2 open all the way) Hubby starts waving like a maniac out the window as the hazard lights dont work! I call 911 and they finally figure out where we  are and send a cop to push us to the shoulder. I WAS PETRIFIED! He sends a tow who in turn calls for a flatbed as we have 4 All Wheel Drive. Long story short we are home safe after approx 175 bucks and now whatever it costs to fix the car. We are thinking maybe altinator-we at first thought it may just be a fuse but that looks doubtful-so that 5 oak will come in handy! PHEW-sorry if that was too long!

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

Boops - Congrats on Sunday's 5oak and good luck with your car. Tedlark.

BOOPSAHOY
Video Poker Master

Post by BOOPSAHOY »

Thanks!!!!!

cddenver
Video Poker Master

Post by cddenver »

Boopsahoy, I'm sorry the car problem ended an otherwise nice trip.  Better luck next time with the car.

oej719
Video Poker Master

Post by oej719 »

Do you think the valet did something to your car?
What brand car is it? American?
Sounds like it might be computer related.

Eduardo
Video Poker Master

Post by Eduardo »

Scary!  Glad you are all okay.

wilcoxfun

Post by wilcoxfun »

Congrats on the wins but sorry about the car.  Have you had anyone let you know what is actually wrong yet?  Hope it is cheap!

faygo
Video Poker Master

Post by faygo »

The altenator would have nothing to do with the window not working. My guess would be that you lost the accesory side of the Ignition Switch. That would explain the window, guages , etc.  Did the radio work? Losing all Electrical power would make one believe a Fuse Link overheated and failed.

Only guesses Boopsahoy.

Good hits though. I told you to go to the other place. Their valets don't break the car.(Only kidding, I doubt they would have had any thing to do with the problems.)

ginxxxx

Post by ginxxxx »

Boops - congrats on your nice streak at the Taj and good luck with your car.  I'd like to share our story of our last trip to Las Vegas.  We drive, as it's only three hours for us, and we usually stop at stateline  (at the California/Nevada border) for a pit stop, lunch and a quick hit on the playing floor. Then it's another 30 or 40 minutes, with traffic into LV.  Last visit, after several good and bad sessions at the Flamingo. OH, let me tell you about the room!  With the flat screen tv built into the bathroom mirror! And the view to everywhere!  On our last evening there, I drew 4 aces with the kicker, plus some other pretty good hands, so we left with a bonus.  Next morning we piled all our stuff in the car, drove to stateline, parked in the multi-level, went in did lunch, played for about 20 minutes and I got another 4 aces.  When we got to our car we found that a bad guy had broken our rear window and snatched things he could reach.  Things that we should not have put into the car, but should have locked in the trunk.  We learned that they do not have security cameras in their parking garage.  We learned that they have no liability if you elect to park in their garage.  We learned never to just toss valuables in the back seat.But, next week when we are planning to drive to LV, did we learn not to stop at stateline?  I just don't know.  Maybe valet parking.Ginxxx

BOOPSAHOY
Video Poker Master

Post by BOOPSAHOY »

Sorry about that Gin!
I dont think the valets had anything to do with it as my mechanic tells us its the alternator and the battery! I was hoping it was fuses but so far thats not the case! Unfortunately, unless I want a rebuilt alternator, Its going to cost around 600-700 buckaroos for an alternator and battery!Im just glad we are alive!!