Is This Game Postive?

Discuss proper hold strategies and "advantage play" and ask questions about how to improve your play.
Carcounter
Video Poker Master

Re: Is This Game Postive?

Post by Carcounter »

10 play 9/6 Jacks for dollars. Bellagio used to have this. $50 a pop, scary stuff for most of us. On a past trip to LV, on the last night took the $800 I had left and plowed it into the 10 play dollar machines. Figured what the hell, go for it. Long story short, but played for about 2 hrs and cahed out at $880. Was a good adrenaline rush though.

onemoretry
Video Poker Master

Post by onemoretry »

10 play 9/6 Jacks for dollars. Bellagio used to have this. $50 a pop, scary stuff for most of us.
If you want to see really, really scary, go to Harrahs Lake Tahoe, where they have 50 play 9/6 jacks for dollars!

FloridaPhil
Video Poker Master

Post by FloridaPhil »

[quote=onemoretry]If you want to see really, really scary, go to Harrahs Lake Tahoe, where they have 50 play 9/6 jacks for dollars![/quote]They would have to give me the entire hotel as a comp... 

onemoretry
Video Poker Master

Post by onemoretry »

I understand a multi card game has lower variance. 

I believe that variance is lower when the total wager is spread over more hands. A 40 line 5c game having a total wager of $10 would have less variance than a single line $2 game having the same $10 total wager.

But, if you simply increase the number of lines played, and keep to the same denomination, I think you increase the variance.