Borgata 10x cashback day

Discussion about gambling in Atlantic City
Carcounter
Video Poker Master

Borgata 10x cashback day

Post by Carcounter »

So yesterday was a 10x cashback day at Borgata for slots and VP. My usual strategy is to get down by 11 AM and get a seat at a 9/6 dollar JOB slant top and play for 4-5 hrs. Didn't get down till 1 PM because of work issues at the office. All VP machines, even the bad ones taken. Saw a woman i know from my Friday afternoon VP sessions and started chatting. She was at the bank of 4 Game Kings that have 99.69% Super Double Bonus. She says she is leaving within the hour, maybe sooner and will text me so i can have her machine. So i walk around for a while and get a text from her about 20 minutes later that a machine has opened up.Start with dollars and quickly lose $400, no quads. I had a bankroll of $1,000 with me expecting to be playing the less volatie JOB. Figured I better switch to .50 from dollars. Still go downhill, no quads and now down to last $200. By now I figure this is not going to be my day. Hold 2 Kings, up pop the other 2 for a $300 win and am back in business. 10 minutes later hold 2 aces, get the other 2 for $400 and am back to even. Drop another $100 pretty quickly and decide this is all the SDB game will give me today, so switch to Bonus deuces. Get dealt 3 ducks within a few minutes, pull the fourth, without the ace kicker for $500, and leave up $400. So I went from down $800 bucks to up $400 within maybe 30-40 minutes. What a reversal of fortune. Just checked my cashback and have $65 in my account from the promotion. Thought it should be more. Maybe they drop the base cashback rate for the 10x promotion.

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

Congrats on the mini streak Car and you may be right that they drop the base cashback rate during the promotion. If so; they wouldn't be the first to do this.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

Congratulations. I should switch over to DW when JOB is lackluster myself! 

Carcounter
Video Poker Master

Post by Carcounter »

Yeah, I thought I was dead in water when I was down to my last $200. Fully expected to dump it all without hitting a quad all session. Reaily wanted to play the dollar 9/6 JOB, but couldn't get a seat. This time it worked out best.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

When you're down to the last 20% of bankroll, it's usually mere pro forma circling the drain before you bust. 

farc
Forum Regular

Post by farc »

Was at borgata for 10x Cashback also. My Cashback is 66 dollars...Seems very low. However was playing ultimate x.
Dealt 2 aces, filled in other 2 aces and kicker times 10!
Won 5000 when I least expected it and most needed it.