Is this unusual ?

The lighter side... playing for entertainment, less concerned about "the math."
billryan
Video Poker Master

Re: Is this unusual ?

Post by billryan »

No one would play a $100 machine if it didn't spit out a few winning hands every hour, and don't most bar combos pay 15 times your bet, which exceeds $1200.
Are these single coin machines? I've never seen a $100 WOF machine. All the ones I've seen were much lower denomination and two, or mostly three coins.

paco13
VP Veteran

Post by paco13 »

I prefer to play in the very early morning hours. I am asked to move almost every time. It is annoying but I know it has to be done and I expect it now. I'm getting out of my chair as they approach me. They can and will (and have for me) hold the machine where you left off with your credits intact while they do their thing. The only thing is, and I know its all in my head, the machine seems to be ice cold when I resume play. When in reality it wasn't really hot to begin with lol.

alpax
Video Poker Master

Post by alpax »

The only $100 denomination Wheel of Fortune I see are the Red White and Blue edition.

Most $100 reel slots take just 1 credit bet, some take 2. The Wheel of Fortune is just 1 credit.

There are many winning spin outcomes that falls less than $1200 W2G tax threshold.

The 3 single RED bars pay 10 for 1 at $1000.

Afterwards, any RED symbol WHITE symbol BLUE symbol, has to be a mix of 7's and bars (if it all of one kind, it will pay out much more) will pay 20 for 1 at $2000. If the color sequence is off, it will pay much less.

3 White Double Bars at $2500 is not very common.

Then there is the Spin Wheel which seems to trigger at a decent frequency. All values are W2G threshold amounts starting at $2000.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

That is the machine my friend plays and as you can see all spin hits mean hand pay. Many of the other non spin hits result in hand pays too. There are actually at least 3 of these at Mohegan all next to each other in one of the high roller areas. I didn't look in the other high areas. These spins for the wheel can indeed come quite often in a good cycle. I can see how it would have been pretty easy to hit 27 hand pays. My friend also has gone nearly 100 spins without getting the wheel costing him nearly 10k in a fairly short time frame. As to the story being retold, yes it is retold once here. I heard it first hand from my friend just the other day. He may not be the sharpest tack in the box, but he has a real knack for basic math always knowing his exact point balances, and the exact amount and type of wins from recent trips. I have been trying to get him to learn vp with that kind of bankroll, but he is not interested. His discipline is much better than mine too, so even though I'm guessing he is playing a 91% machine, he has a real knack for the cycles and almost always cashes out near the end or just after a hot one. I am still trying to do that with vp. Believe it or not, hit cash loss is less than mine for the 2016 year and he is ahead for the 2017 year. The machine he plays hasn't been shut down, there must be some kind of house rule on his kind of action. One other little interesting tidbit. I was wondering why I cannot get access as a level 4 player to the ultra high roller lounge on the highest floors in the hotel. I was up there once or twice as a guest and the food puts the other lounge food to shame. Anyway, my friend got the answer for me. You have to lose 10k in a day to have access up there and it is only good for so long. I'm not sure how many days or trips. Now I know why I cannot go up there unless a guest of a player like my friend. Just as well.......I don't need the extra calories.