Bought a VP machine today.

Why do you play video poker? What is your favorite game and why?
billryan
Video Poker Master

Re: Bought a VP machine today.

Post by billryan »

I remember that store at the Stratosphere too!  I was eyeing old VP machines but they had to be 25 years old to bring them into IL and these weren't that old.  They were one line, drop coin.  I'm glad I couldn't buy one.  The maintenance would probably be too costly.

Obviously its different in Nevada, but a week or so ago, the game stopped working. Using the manual I was able to identify the issue but didn't know how to fix it. A friend who bartends gave me the private number of the slot technician who services the machines in his bar, not the company number. I called, told the guy the code and the model and he swang by, replaced the part and charged me $30. Told me the new part should last about 50,000 hands. At the rate it gets used, that's a couple hundred years.
I asked about switching it from Double Bonus Poker to NSUDs but he didn't recommend it.

Ktodd19d
Forum Newbie

Post by Ktodd19d »

That's awesome!!! My mom did the same thing. She plays hers all the time!!

Lucky Larry
Video Poker Master

Post by Lucky Larry »

Congratulations, I've considered doing the same thing for home access. Wish you many years of fun and pleasure.

twodogs
Forum Newbie

Post by twodogs »

This is my personal favorite

LovePlusOne
Forum Regular

Post by LovePlusOne »

I was at an estate sale, looking for gold and silver when I came across a roomful of slots and VP machines. Ended up buying an older Double Bonus machine. It's a counter top model, but came with a base.I was surprised that older reel slots went in the thousands where the newer ones were cheaper. I also picked up some great slot and VP glass signage, including a six foot sign from the Stardust. "Win a car on a 25 cent spin", and a two foot plastic Westward Ho 3/4 pound hot dog for .99 cents.

SWEET!! Some years ago I almost bought ("almost" being the operative word) a Bally video poker machine that had Joker Poker Five of a Kind as one of the selections. The machine cost over $1000 on eBay, PLUS shipping which was several hundred dollars. When I investigated I discovered that owning a machine like this in NY state was against the law. I thought twice about it and let it go.

Enjoy your beautiful machine!!