Nice Article Of VP Strategy And How It Works!

Discuss proper hold strategies and "advantage play" and ask questions about how to improve your play.
Carcounter
Video Poker Master

Re: Nice Article Of VP Strategy And How It Works!

Post by Carcounter »

I do get it. Some people are comfortable with that lifestyle. I personally am not. For what it is worth, I don't sit at my desk 8 hrs a day. I have an engineering consulting business and make my own hours. Play golf when I want (weather permitting), go to AC, an hour away when I want. Not stressful at all. I do also get the property tax part of Bill's analysis. I pay about the same as he did on LI, here in Monmouth County NJ. I do love trips to Las Vegas, but cannot see myself living there. Maybe Scottsdale Arizona one day. Will make the 5 hr drive to Vegas for a long weekend. Is the state of Arizona ever going to do something about that lousy, unsafe Rt. 93?

FloridaPhil
Video Poker Master

Post by FloridaPhil »

I enjoy our Vegas trips, but I wouldn't want to live there full time.   My wife hates it.   She thinks it's sleazy.   She got turned off a few years ago when the strip sidewalks were lined with Mexicans handing out peep show tickets.  Women,  they get bugged by the strangest things.  It's too hot in the summer and all that brown sand with no greenery.   I guess you wouldn't get too far with a lawn mower repair shop?  Florida's hot in the summer too, but at least it rains in the afternoon.  Moving to Vegas just for the ability to make a profit on quarter VP, no thanks.  I guess it matters what your priorities are.  If I was a young stud trolling the bars, I may like it.  At my age, no thanks.   One question I have.  Is everyone in Vegas totally engrossed with gambling?  There must some be some other reason to live there?   No offense, it just seems like that's all anyone from there ever talks about.

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

Kris Bryant talks about baseball.

FloridaPhil
Video Poker Master

Post by FloridaPhil »

[quote=Tedlark]Kris Bryant talks about baseball.
[/quote]Wonder if he plays $100,000 Rock Paper Scissors with Michael Jordan? 

DaBurglar
Video Poker Master

Post by DaBurglar »

I sit on my arse pretty much all day everyday ... Doesn't matter what I do, I pretty much do it seated!!!

During the period 1992 thru 2007/2008, I lived and worked primarily in So. Cal, with some extended periods up in SF Bay area.... There​ were also numerous​ times, primarily work related but not always, I lived in Vegas for short periods of time in the 3-4 week range with a few extending longer... I also stayed in Reno for a couple weeks twice, and thus, became fairly familiar with what living in these places full time was like versus just visiting​ for a few days at a time. My opinion is that gambling indeed is the focus in Vegas for most residents, But not so much in Reno which has a different vibe, demographic, and surrounding environment.

I could never live permanently in Vegas....In Reno however, I could. But in either​ case I would not be playing VP as my gaming focus....It would be live poker, no limit holdem!   

FloridaPhil
Video Poker Master

Post by FloridaPhil »

I think I like Reno better as well.  It's not so crowded with tourists and it has a much more laid back vibe.  The Peppermill is a deuces wild paradise with NSU everywhere you look.   We only wish they had Orlando/Reno non stop flights.  It's a hassle changing planes.

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

Again, Phil.
I don't give a flying fig what you do. I only care when you try to spread misinformation to others. Claiming a sub 98% method of playing a 99.54% game works better is both moronic and dishonest. Math is math. It's not mumbo jumbo just because it's beyond your capability to understand it.
Applied mathematics isn't for everyone, but that doesn't mean its not vital.
Throwing around insults to successful players from behind a keyboard is ,quite simply, juvenile and demeaning.
Sad.

FloridaPhil
Video Poker Master

Post by FloridaPhil »

[quote=BillRyan]Here my rent is $870 a month ,with a gated community, two great pools and a 24 hour gym, spa and community center.  Throwing around insults to successful players from behind a keyboard is ,quite simply, juvenile and demeaning.
[/quote]If you call living in an $870 a month rental successful,  I can understand your need to identify yourself as a winner.  Unfortunately, you are choosing the wrong path to success.  If you can't stop telling us all how we should play VP, go on vacation and give us a break.

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

Really, Mr. Fa La La La La.... La la la la?.
Now you are attacking my apartment complex? One you've never seen? One you know nothing about? Just how immature are you?
When I came out here, I looked for three things. A nice pool and gym, a nice dog park that was big enough for my dog to exercise and a nice neighborhood. As Wayne Newton lives down the block, and my complex backs on to horse properties, I think the neighborhood is right. The larger of the two dogs parks is a converted double tennis court, that hit the spot and they just built a third pool so I think I hit a homerun. I live here and am very happy. You've never even seen a photo of it but disparage it. I suppose that says volumes about you.
Want to put down my car next? It's a 2016 Mazda CX-5.
I should have waited a few months for the CX-9 but I needed more room than my 2014 Mazda 6 provided.
By the way, my dog is an 77 pound mutt, half Golden and half Standard Poodle. Want to insult him as well?
Renting here is a much better option than buying. At least for me, when you do the math.
Nevermind, I keep forgetting math is nothing but mumbo jumbo to you.

paco13
VP Veteran

Post by paco13 »

If I sold both my houses the proceeds would pay the same rent as yours for 25 to 30 years and it sounds like I would live much better.