Not a bad week so far.

The lighter side... playing for entertainment, less concerned about "the math."
olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Not a bad week so far.

Post by olds442jetaway »

The last several sessions I have been splitting my play with dds triple play deuces wild on dollars and 3 line spin poker bonus deuces wild also a dollar game. Luckily, that game gives me the correct royal payout for bet 1 of 800 bucks.
     Anyway, I have been pretty lucky the last few days and for now seemed to snap a real cold spell that was mostly on single line games. It is also interesting to note that the hits I am listing below happened on other lines so if I was betting single line, I wouldn't have hit any of them.
     I managed to hit 2 royals on the spin game. One for 800 and one for 1600 bucks. I have been betting mostly a buck a line, but a few pot shots at 2 bucks a line. That gets very expensive in a hurry at 6 bucks a deal if nothing good is hitting. I also connected with quad deuces once on the dds game good for 1600 and twice on the spin poker game for 800 each. Before anyone thinks this has been easy, my sessions have all been long lasting at least 8 hours each. If these exact games were available at the quarter level, I would be playing quarters, but unfortunately no. Even with these hits I am only ahead for the week a few hundred bucks and that goes to show all out there how difficult the game of vp really is and even hitting premium hands unless very early in the session usually leaves you up or down a few bucks. I do find it very interesting though that at least for me nothing good still hits on the deal line and I have been connecting after the draw or turning over the last card on the top or bottom line on dds. Hmmmm. This pattern goes back way past this week of not hitting on those lines as well. I guess I will continue to stick with playing 3 lines until it washes out. I tied 5 lines a few weeks ago and it just required too large of a budget in a cold cycle. Good luck all. By the way, the return table on the dollar spin game is 98.8 % and the dds game I think is around 97.7% so as an average, I am playing at a 98.1% return rate. Not great, but not horrible either. edited to fix my return table percentages.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

Congratulations. Single lining the multi line games has always seemed a terrible fate. You're foiling their strategy and choking off their potential revenue, so they choke off jackpots. Plus you're theoretically keeping some other free spender from depositing their funds. They really want you to invest if they commit to a reward. Why not just do two lines? 

FloridaPhil
Video Poker Master

Post by FloridaPhil »

Went to Tampa yesterday.  Played max coin deuces wild.  Never hit a quad deuce,  Never changed denomination.  Played for four hours. Ate a free lunch.  Never lost any money and came home even.  What a great day! 

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

Congratulations. Single lining the multi line games has always seemed a terrible fate. You're foiling their strategy and choking off their potential revenue, so they choke off jackpots. Plus you're theoretically keeping some other free spender from depositing their funds. They really want you to invest if they commit to a reward. Why not just do two lines? 

I have tried 2 lines for a few sessions and after seeing 2 royals and several quad deuces and many 5 aces appear on the bottom line that I didn't have I couldn't take it anymore. I went back to single line and got destroyed the last couple of months. So far so good with 3 line play.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

Went to Tampa yesterday.  Played max coin deuces wild.  Never hit a quad deuce,  Never changed denomination.  Played for four hours. Ate a free lunch.  Never lost any money and came home even.  What a great day! 

Even or better is a win win for me even without free stuff. Free entertainment and in a sense you won too since you didn't have to buy lunch on the way home. Once in awhile years ago someone would bring in a dozen donuts to the office. My friend and co worker who could have been a stand up comic would always say on his first bite...there is nothing like the taste of a free donut. I'm sure lunch was better than a free donut and probably much healthier hehe.

FloridaPhil
Video Poker Master

Post by FloridaPhil »

[quote=olds442jetaway]there is nothing like the taste of a free donut[/quote]Funny! 

FloridaPhil
Video Poker Master

Post by FloridaPhil »

Another trip to Tampa today.  Played deuces wild quarters the whole time. Never changed denomination.  Never changed games.   Played slow and steady for 5 hours.  Ate another free lunch.  Hit two sets of quad deuces.  Came home up $200.   No complaints... 

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

Congratulations. Nothing wrong with that on a 98.9% game. If I commit to five hours, it will definitely be at Borgata AC where the bounce back is said to be strongest. This weekend will likely be a zoo, of course.  

FloridaPhil
Video Poker Master

Post by FloridaPhil »

[quote=FAA]Nothing wrong with that on a 98.9% game.[/quote]Currently I'm doing better on a 97.055% game.   Should I give the money back? 

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

That shall occur on its own accord.