Can you do this with no strategy mistakes...

Discuss proper hold strategies and "advantage play" and ask questions about how to improve your play.
Raner

Can you do this with no strategy mistakes...

Post by Raner »

Can you keep up with this guy playing two Vp machines with no mistakes on your picks for correct strategy...

Onenickelmiracl

Post by Onenickelmiracl »

No I could not, but would not, because it's rude being so noisy. He must be making errors, that's too fast and distracting I think unless he's a savant. He is dressed like a bum too.

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

I've never played two machines, but I've watched a guy much faster than that do it at both South Point and Red Rock. Cool thing was when he locked up a machine, he'd just slide down to the next one.
Reminded me of Rick Wakeman.
He's big on double point days.

Raner

Post by Raner »

Reminded me of Rick Wakeman. He's big on double point days.
I guess this would be a good reason to play fast. But there is no way I'd ever want to try to play this fast, Not even it I could, Which I know I can't not even on a single machine. I guess the old adage applies here...
Different strokes for different folks...

FloridaPhil
Video Poker Master

Post by FloridaPhil »

If this video is real, this guy is addicted to VP just like a heron addict.  He wants more and more action and just can't get enough.   If he could plug his veins into the machine, I'm sure he would.  The good news is he can't play that way, smoke and drink at the same time.  He seems out of shape to me as well.   Those legs could use some exercise.   Maybe he should take up Dancing?  (no pun intended)  Seriously, I think this is a setup for the video.  I think they increased the speed of the video and left the sound as is.  It's laughable that anyone would really play that way.  Have to admit it's pretty entertaining to watch.

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

[QUOTE=billryan]
Reminded me of Rick Wakeman. He's big on double point days.
I guess this would be a good reason to play fast. But there is no way I'd ever want to try to play this fast, Not even it I could, Which I know I can't not even on a single machine. I guess the old adage applies here...
Different strokes for different folks...
[/QUOTE]

Double points is $6 per $1,000 in.
Playing dollars,at 1,000 hands per hour, that's $60 an hour with two machines. Throw in South Points top mailings of around $75 cash and $150 in food per week and it can add up pretty quickly. IF you can be accurate.
I personally play at about a quarter of his speed, on only one machine.

Vman96
Video Poker Master

Post by Vman96 »

If this video is real, this guy is addicted to VP just like a heron addict.  He wants more and more action and just can't get enough.   If he could plug his veins into the machine, I'm sure he would.  The good news is he can't play that way, smoke and drink at the same time.  He seems out of shape to me as well.   Those legs could use some exercise.   Maybe he should take up Dancing?  (no pun intended)  Seriously, I think this is a setup for the video.  I think they increased the speed of the video and left the sound as is.  It's laughable that anyone would really play that way.  Have to admit it's pretty entertaining to watch.

Maybe he isn't educated enough to get a $20/hr real job. Or would rather do this than a $20/hr real job. But if he does this regularly, I'm a bit surprised Stations doesn't give him the "heave ho".

Doesn't look sped up to me. The thing that got me though was he would hit the max credit button on the right-hand unit sometimes. That's a time waster.

FloridaPhil
Video Poker Master

Post by FloridaPhil »

[quote=vman96]The thing that got me though was he would hit the max credit button on the right-hand unit sometimes.[/quote]Do you ever run into people that hit the max coin button all the time?  We do and it's really annoying if the sound is turned up high.  I always wondered why players do this.  Is it to slow them down or do you think they just like the sound it makes?  Maybe they think the machine pays better if they do?  I've seen all kinds of screen tap dancing, button pumping and other weird things.  Nothing surprises me these days.

Onenickelmiracl

Post by Onenickelmiracl »

Hitting max bet button, you can't throw away cards you didn't hold by accident. If you're mid hand, it wont do anything. It took me a long time to realize just to look at the screen to see if it says "deal" or "draw". Mistakes happen, sometimes it's better just to be paranoid of them.

Vman96
Video Poker Master

Post by Vman96 »

Hitting max bet button, you can't throw away cards you didn't hold by accident. If you're mid hand, it wont do anything. It took me a long time to realize just to look at the screen to see if it says "deal" or "draw". Mistakes happen, sometimes it's better just to be paranoid of them.

Yeah, if you get thrown off whether you are on deal and draw, then that would help.

[quote=vman96]The thing that got me though was he would hit the max credit button on the right-hand unit sometimes.Do you ever run into people that hit the max coin button all the time?  We do and it's really annoying if the sound is turned up high.  I always wondered why players do this.  Is it to slow them down or do you think they just like the sound it makes?  Maybe they think the machine pays better if they do?  I've seen all kinds of screen tap dancing, button pumping and other weird things.  Nothing surprises me these days.

[/QUOTE]

I assume both of the first two reasons, and maybe the third, but I don't believe it helps. Hearing that sound repeatedly annoys me too. I will often hit it for the first hand of a buy-in though even if the game is already set at 5 coins.