Discussion about gambling in Atlantic City
JIMDUECE`SWILD
Video Poker Master

Spirit Airlines add summer service

Post by JIMDUECE`SWILD »

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

Spirit is the worst. I'd rather ride Greyhound and sit for hours on the turnpike.
Out of curiosity, is the train from NYC still a thing?

Carcounter
Video Poker Master

Post by Carcounter »

Train service from NYC was tried several years ago. Didn't do well. Took 2&1/2 hrs, maybe more. as you had to go down the Amtrak NE corridor mainline to Philly and pick up the AC line. I can only take a 2 hr. flight to Florida on Spirit. anything longer-no way.

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

I don't think I could fly Spirit Airlines to Atlantic City even if DaSomeone else bought the ticket for me.

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

An overnight report out of Florida stated that apparently Spirit Airlines pilots don't like to fly Spirit Airlines either...

DaBurglar
Video Poker Master

Post by DaBurglar »

No way in heck is AC currently worth the hassle (or co$t, even if it is cheap or almost free)  of flying from anywhere to spend time there.....even in the height of the summer season, which is AC's best time every year.   It is just a veritable wreck compared to what it was 7-8 years ago!Perhaps, when Hardrock reopens the Taj as whatever they are going to call it, and perhaps when (or if) one more of the shuttered properties manages to be reincarnated, AC will once again become a destination worth seeing......but as it currently exists, with its once revered and dynamic Boardwalk now a shadow of its former glorious self and long stretches of it virtually dead or bereft of anything interesting, its a <Trump>"hellhole"</Trump>!

Carcounter
Video Poker Master

Post by Carcounter »

United tried service out of AC a few years ago. Had daily flights to their hubs in Chicago and Houston, where you could connect to anywhere in the world. Didn't work out. AC is not a prime destination anymore and there is not enough population in South Jersey to make these flights popular. Spirit usually gets people from North Jersey who need flights to Florida and dont want to pay United and Jetblue's high fares out of Newark. Went down to Ft. Myers for a week in April with the family, 6 of us, Spirit was $350 RT (with the additional fees) vs $750-$800 out of Newark.Even flights from Philly that week (week before Easter) were $600