So far so good

The lighter side... playing for entertainment, less concerned about "the math."
olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

So far so good

Post by olds442jetaway »

I have decided as alluded to in my other posts to taper my play way back and only bet what I need to be even when I hit quad deuces. I will be doing this with both Airport deuces and DDS deuces wild. I will keep track of the games separately since one game hits the quad deuces every 5k hands or so, but the other game only every 50k hands or so.
     On the DDS game, I decided to begin with bet 1. It is a dollar game, but since after doubling even bet 1 returns 800 bucks I thought I would give it a shot. After about 4 hours of play, I was down 200 bucks, but then out of the blue I as dealt 4 deuces good for the 800 payout. I may send Phil the pic and ask him to post. That gives me a nice cushion to begin with. This method saves me from taking too many wild pot shots with bets of up to 25 bucks a hand and also saves me from upping my bets too quickly in the short term. I haven't tried the method yet with draw poker airport deuces, but when I do my initial bets will be 5 quarters until I have lost 250 bucks without hitting the quad deuces.

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

A man jumps off the Empire State Building.
As he passes the 90th floor, his phone rings.
He answers it as he passes the 80th floor.
Hey Brother, he says, as he passes the 70th.
How's it going, says the voice on the phone, unaware of the circumstances.
Unsure how much to tell his brother, the man pauses.
Just as he passes the 20th floor, he responds- So far, so good.

Was told this many years ago and its the first thing that comes to mind whenever I hear that phrase.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

Great story! That said, I applaud tapered play. Negative games, and he gets his 800:1 anyway.

FloridaPhil
Video Poker Master

Post by FloridaPhil »

Don't send me pictures until I get back on Wednesday.  I don't have access to my graphics program.  As long as that game gives you the royal bonus for 1 coin, you are not giving up anything that I can see.  Bill R just likes to pull people's chain.  Someone must have kicked him around when he was a kid.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

Yes and I always get my comic relief for the day when I read them. I'm sure many others on the forum get a laugh too.

alpax
Video Poker Master

Post by alpax »

Good story olds and even from BR.

I do not think BR was pulling anyone's chain from reading that last sentence.

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

Just because FP is paranoid doesn't mean people aren't out to get him.

FloridaPhil
Video Poker Master

Post by FloridaPhil »

What is the definition of an unlucky AP? Broke...

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

Saturday night, I invited one of the APs I met to join me at the 51s game.
He was born in 1992 and moved to Vegas in 2013. After six months working as a dealer, he left to pursue full time AP.
In 2015, he paid cash for his house. Last year, he went in with another AP and bought a second house as an investment.
Eight to ten hours a week of BJ, with similar time on VP and about an hour a day on sports betting.
There are a thousand such stories in the naked city.

alpax
Video Poker Master

Post by alpax »

The most impressive part is that the person knew exactly what he wanted to do when he became of legal gambling age.

The same opportunities may not be there anymore, wish I was blessed with an AP mindset.