End of Debate Proposal to Bill Ryan

Discuss proper hold strategies and "advantage play" and ask questions about how to improve your play.
pokerforme

Re: End of Debate Proposal to Bill Ryan

Post by pokerforme »

Very well put onenicklemiracle

rsactuary
Forum Regular

Post by rsactuary »

The problem is that someone who is trying to learn may read about the recreational approach and think that is the correct approach without someone specifically saying each time that they are doing something that is not mathematically accurate.  That should not be a goal of this forum.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

No question math rules in the long run. The problem is the long run can be infinity. Certainly more than one's lifetime. A lucky gambler can beat the best math mind all day long in the short run. Twenty some years ago, I actually had a family friend that went to Foxwoods shortly after they opened. He went twice a week with the wife and played a 96% or so job game for quarters and nickels. He did this for years at least ten that I remember before he became ill and passed. He would play about 3,000 hands a session or 6,000 hands a week. He would hit a Royal on job just about every week. His longest stretch was 3 weeks without a Royal. Hard to believe, but I was there and saw many of the hits and also he had many witnesses as well. He was Irish. Need I say more?

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

3,000 hands a session or 6,000 hands a week. He would hit a Royal on JOB
just about every week. Longest stretch was 3 weeks without a Royal.-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------He would have been my idol. A fourteen month famine for me.

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

I recently went 28,000 hands between Royals. It felt like an eternity as it was several months, but with two in 28,000 hands, I'm actually over Royaled.
Guy at the Wiz Meetup was telling me he averages three a month, but he and his spouse play 50-60 hours a week between them and he plays close to 900 hands per hour as they play two machines, whenever one locks up.
I didn't quite understand it, but somehow he uses his players club points to pay for his car lease.