End of Debate Proposal to Bill Ryan

Discuss proper hold strategies and "advantage play" and ask questions about how to improve your play.
FloridaPhil
Video Poker Master

End of Debate Proposal to Bill Ryan

Post by FloridaPhil »

It's obvious that the debate between monetary based VP strategies and recreational strategies could go on forever.  In order to keep peace on this forum, I have a proposal that I believe is fair.  When I asked for a Recreational  Forum, my intention was to have a place where forum members could discuss any strategy they wished free from criticism.  Many VP players enjoy using strategies that  are not based on logic or math.  They do this because it's fun or they just like playing that way.  To some it may seem silly or stupid, but that's the reality.   Other players view the professional gambling world as onerousness and potentially destructive.  Both views may or may not be right or wrong, but they should be able to coexist. My proposal is this.  I agree to stay away from posting anything critical or negative on the Strategy and Stories Forum and Bill Ryan will agree to do likewise on the Recreational and Stories Forum.  We agree to coexist and use the borders of the two forums to allow our members free exchange of ideas and information.  If someone makes a post that belongs in the other's forum we will direct them to that section without negative comments.  We will not call each other's strategy  stupid, dangerous, undisciplined or unskilled.  We will also agree to let Webman monitor our posts and tell us when we are over the boundaries.  Let's stop messing up this forum with arguments and name calling and return it to being fun like it used to be.  It is my hope that you are interested in improving this forum for all players and not just running all views off the forum except your own.  How about it?

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

How does one make deals with a person who lies, makes up facts and twists reality to fit his preconceived bizarre world views?
I don't have a forum, nor do you. The truth isn't and shouldn't be limited to certain forums.
I fully expect Webman or whoever else is in charge to monitor my posts and tell me when I am over the line.

alpax
Video Poker Master

Post by alpax »

I remember FP tried to negotiate one sided deal/proposals to Mr. Dancer in the past.

Anyhow, the person who pays for the cost of running this forum should have the final say on how things go.

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

My counter proposal.
Anyone who posts outright lies loses posting privileges for a month.
I'm even willing to start this tomorrow, to give everyone one day to get it all out of their system.
After that, either post truthfully or suffer the consequences. Want to accuse someone of something, back it up or be gone.
My last post in this thread.

FloridaPhil
Video Poker Master

Post by FloridaPhil »

[quote=FAA]Anyhow, the person who pays for the cost of running this forum should have the final say on how things go.
[/quote]I'm OK with whatever rules there are so long as we can discuss our own strategies on the recreational forum without interference.  Mr Dancer wanted to control all discussion on this website.  He called for a vote and it failed so he left.  The question is, do we have the the right to discuss non mathematical VP strategies on this forum without harassment?  If we don't there is no reason for me to be a member of this website.  It is not clear to me what you guys are afraid of here.   If alleged stupid idiotic VP strategy methods cause us to lose more money, you would think that would be good for APs like you.  Millions of people enjoy video poker without memorizing card plays or checking the odds before they play.  Millions more think the games are rigged. So what?  You don't have to publicly crucify  them for holding these views.  Our negative posts are made in return for your consistent bashing of our methods and ideas.   We have no problem keeping them on the Recreational Forum. That's what it's there for.  Leave us alone and we will do likewise.  Seems like a reasonable request.

onemoretry
Video Poker Master

Post by onemoretry »

But, if someone makes a post advocating some hare-brained idiotic strategy that they say will virtually guarantee you will be a winner, shouldn't someone respond that it is a hare-brained idiotic strategy that will do nothing of the kind?

FloridaPhil
Video Poker Master

Post by FloridaPhil »

[quote=onemoretry]But, if someone makes a post advocating some hare-brained idiotic
strategy that they say will virtually guarantee you will be a winner,
shouldn't someone respond that it is a hare-brained idiotic strategy
that will do nothing of the kind?
[/quote]Absolutely.  If anyone on this forum states that any VP strategy is "guaranteed to make you a winner", they should be called out for it.  There are no guarantees whatever strategy is used.

pokerforme

Post by pokerforme »

There is NO debate, it's math.

markinca

Post by markinca »

"Yea, I know the math says to do X, but I like to do Y because it's just more fun for me." Fine. To each their own.

"Yea, I know the math says to do X, but I've done Y every time, and I'm up thousands of dollars, so the math must be wrong." Not fine. This is flat out ignorance and shouldn't be accepted on this forum.

Onenickelmiracl

Post by Onenickelmiracl »

I would not make a deal to not comment, so a long time bully here can continue on unchallenged as accustomed. Bad apples have been here so long, people have assumed it's normal.