The Worst or Best VP Day?

The lighter side... playing for entertainment, less concerned about "the math."
buffalochips
Forum Regular

Re: The Worst or Best VP Day?

Post by buffalochips »

Anyhow, probably the best vp day was hitting the first quarter royal--many many years ago--[which ironically was hit playing deuces--after just learning to master basic Jacks, of course grinding out losing, I switched to DW for the fun of it---wham!]....second best was maybe hitting first [only] dollar royal last year [rarely played $1 before]..Any day that I get at least 10/1 coin-in for my cash out of pocket---I'm happy....

mightwin

Post by mightwin »

Years ago at Bellagio I was playing $5 machine, one coin at a time. I hit 4 aces and was happy. I moved over one machine and played 2 coins and hit the royal. The attendant came over to tell me too bad I hadn't bet max. That would have been over $22,000. I was very happy with my measly win in comparison. It was money I didn't have just minutes ago.

FloridaPhil
Video Poker Master

Post by FloridaPhil »

[quote=mightwin]Years ago at Bellagio I was playing $5 machine, one coin at a time. I
hit 4 aces and was happy. I moved over one machine and played 2 coins
and hit the royal. The attendant came over to tell me too bad I hadn't
bet max. That would have been over $22,000. I was very happy with my
measly win in comparison. It was money I didn't have just minutes ago.[/quote]Nice!   The first time I ever it quad deuces on a $5 machine I sat down next to a lady playing another $5 machine.  I had no intentions of ever playing a $5 machine, I was just playing around.  I put in a $20 bill, hit the single coin button and was dealt a $1,000 jackpot.  I was thrilled.  The lady looked over at me with a mean look on her face and said "Why weren't you playing max coins?"  Before I could answer she fired back "Real players play to win!".    I thanked her for the advice and walked away with 10 hundreds chuckling to myself.  I've done that 3 more times so far and each time I think about her.  I got into playing single coin years ago when the Hard Rocks first got VP.   They only had a few machines and there were long waits to play.  I often found myself in the High Limit Room just to get a seat.  I had to play single coin because I had a limited budget.   I found I did very well on those machines even then.   The odds weren't that much different, but damn they sure seemed to pay well!  A win is a win no matter how you do it!

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

Suicide? More like the start of FAA Massage Month. Remember the M.A.S.H. theme song? Suicide Is Painless by Manic Street Preachers. Dancer must have sung background vocals.