ALL THINGS BEING EQUAL

Why do you play video poker? What is your favorite game and why?
Popeye3161
Forum Newbie

ALL THINGS BEING EQUAL

Post by Popeye3161 »

I'm struggling between playing 100, 50, 10, 5, 3 and single line poker. I've been playing V/P for over 15 years and have become very proficient in all the games and what to hold (+99% when tracked on Winpoker, etc)....so, I really know how to play video poker.

My question is to those Math Wizards out there...

1) Given that the pay tables are all equal and regardless of the game (JOB, Dueces, etc), should I play more hands at a lower denomination or fewer hands at a higher denomination??? IE - 100 hands at $.05 for a total bet of $25, 5 hands at $1.00 for a total bet of $25, or Single Line at $5.00 for a total bet of $25, etc.

I've had hand pays at every number of hands described above but I'd like to get an opinion as to which games and amounts to gamble. The bottom line is, do I have a better opportunity with more hands at a lower denomination or fewer hands at a higher denomination??

2) I've posted this second question before but have never gotten a definitive answer.

Is there any advantage to playing those games with a multiplier (Super Times Pay, Double Super Times Pay, Ultimate X, Quick Quads) versus playing the same games in straight poker. For Example (again, all pay tables being equal) - 10 Play Super Times Pay, Quick Quads poker for 60 coins, Ultimate X for 100 coin in, versus 10 Play straight poker for 50 coins in. I'm trying to figure out whether or not it's worth paying the extra coins for the variance in multipliers in the various games.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

BobDancer
Video Poker Master

Post by BobDancer »

Post unable to migrate