Caesars AC

Discussion about gambling in Atlantic City
DaBurglar
Video Poker Master

Re: Caesars AC

Post by DaBurglar »

[QUOTE=DaBurglar]
Tell you what, you name the AC time and place and we'll see whether or not there is anything to my claims regarding CET servers. What, exactly, would you do to try to convince me that your opinion is correct?[/QUOTE]I'd Have you simply play certain games/machines I am certain are set to yield very little if any return.   Obviously this would only work when you are planning your next trip to AC and plan on playing at one of the CET properties anyway.....We could agree on some level of play and statistical sampling that would yield reasonably relevant data (let's put it this way, I have seen enough of times where literally NEXT to nothing is returned on many Vp games, which is NOT acceptable over time when you are playing 97-99% return games.   In other words if We consistently witness returns of 55-60% time after time, session after session, surely you'd be at least willing to say "Maybe I'm on to something regarding how the servers work.

DaBurglar
Video Poker Master

Post by DaBurglar »

db,all the money in the world would not get me to meet you at gallaghersOh I see.....Ok well the offer still stands if you ever change your mind.....

onemoretry
Video Poker Master

Post by onemoretry »

I'd Have you simply play certain games/machines I am certain are set to yield very little if any return.   Obviously this would only work when you are planning your next trip to AC and plan on playing at one of the CET properties anyway.....We could agree on some level of play and statistical sampling that would yield reasonably relevant data This would be quite interesting to do, and I would, in fact, do it were it not for a couple of major issues.

First, I doubt that I could play enough in a short visit to generate relevant data. Whatever data were generated would be for the short term only, and we all know how extreme (both positive and negative) short term results can be. For example, this month I'm playing the monthly game. So far, I've played 6000 hands of full pay deuces wild, and my results are pitiful. My overall return is less than 90%, and I have had several days in a row where they've been in the mid 80s. Yesterday, I started one session with 10 absolute zeroes in a row.

Yet, I am not inclined to think that webman or someone else has turned the game result switch down. Video poker results are a series of peaks and valleys, and I am currently deep in a valley (hopefully, a short term one).

The other, and more major issue, is that we have not been to Atlantic City since September of 2011, and we have no plans to visit there in the foreseeable future.

Our options for getting there are a 10-11 hour drive, or one of CETs junkets. Neither is that appealing to us.    

DaBurglar
Video Poker Master

Post by DaBurglar »

This would be quite interesting to do, and I would, in fact, do it were it not for a couple of major issues.

First, I doubt that I could play enough in a short visit to generate relevant data. Whatever data were generated would be for the short term only, and we all know how extreme (both positive and negative) short term results can be. For example, this month I'm playing the monthly game. So far, I've played 6000 hands of full pay deuces wild, and my results are pitiful. My overall return is less than 90%, and I have had several days in a row where they've been in the mid 80s. Yesterday, I started one session with 10 absolute zeroes in a row.

Yet, I am not inclined to think that webman or someone else has turned the game result switch down. Video poker results are a series of peaks and valleys, and I am currently deep in a valley (hopefully, a short term one).

The other, and more major issue, is that we have not been to Atlantic City since September of 2011, and we have no plans to visit there in the foreseeable future.

Our options for getting there are a 10-11 hour drive, or one of CETs junkets. Neither is that appealing to us.    

Well thanks for considering it anyway...for some reason I thought you were closer to AC and visit it often.

onemoretry
Video Poker Master

Post by onemoretry »

Well thanks for considering it anyway...for some reason I thought you were closer to AC and visit it often.
From 2006 to 2011, we did go to Atlantic City once or twice a year, usually combing the visit with other travels. We did not make a conscious decision to not go there anymore, but other destinations simply have become more attractive to us.

We have discussed returning there one day, and quite possibly may do so, but not in the near future.